Head of People Services (12m FTC)
We are starting our HR transformation and are going to implement a new operating model. We are looking for a Head of People Services who will help us to establish this function and support the team throughout the transition, for a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Head of People Services will lead the HR Operations and Payroll teams. The role is a key strategic role, providing shared services leadership to meet the needs of the business and our customers. The role will lead the implementation and embedding of an effective ‘best in class’ service, underpinned by delivering professional advice and an exceptional customer experience.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design and implement the People services function/offering.
- Centralise key operational People services, including onboarding, offboarding, employee administration, payroll preparation, compensation and benefits facilitation, reporting and employee relations.
- Create Workday specialist knowledge and People reporting with data insights.
- Develop employee self-service and manager self-service capability that supports transactional activities through Workday enhancements and online resources (e.g. intranet resources), upskilling line managers and instilling a culture of best-in-class practices for our people.
- Lead the People Services team to provide excellent customer service and professional advice on HR queries (e.g.) People & Payroll Operations, Employee Relations and Compensation and Benefits.
- Build strong, credible working relationships with Strategic HR Business Partners, Centre’s of Excellence and business leaders as key stakeholders of the People Services to ensure the People service offering meets the needs of the business.
- Develop key metrics and dashboards to report on the key People Services activities to People Leadership Team and the business key stakeholders on a monthly and cumulative basis, identifying trends and making recommendations for change and improvement.
- Continually review People policies, processes, procedures, and resources to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, with focus on technology developments and opportunities for future automation.
- Proactively engage with the HR teams in the UK and across other geographies, including Talent Acquisition, WorkForce Staffing, L&D, People Operations, HRIS team, global compensation and benefits team.
- Identify improvement opportunities on people-related topics in the business, with a goal of constantly raising the talent bar and driving simplification
- Encourage an environment of learning and upskilling and actively looking for opportunities for team members for the same
- Share knowledge and awareness of market trends and best practices to adopt and implement to build efficient practices within the team and organisation
- Serve as an ambassador of HF DNA and values for the team
Who You Are:
- Experience of setting up shared services models previously is essential.
- Experience of People shared service operating models, coupled with a wider understanding of the People function and how this connects with the business.
- Significant knowledge of People processes, UK employment law, best practice and maintaining a professional People service to the business.
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience.
- Good level of understanding of Change Management.
- Experience influencing senior stakeholders and building strong relationships.
- Expert communicator with high emotional intelligence
- Strong prioritisation skills with the ability to manage multiple demanding stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and assign team effectively
- Strong influencing skills with experience providing leadership in a matrix environment
- Agile thinker who is able to lead in a fast-paced / rapidly-changing environment
- Analytical thinker who is able to offer multiple data-driven solutions for complex problems
- Bachelors or Masters degree, relevant field of study is a plus
- Fluent in English
What you will get in return:
- 70% off HelloFresh or Green Chef boxes
- Company pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Bupa private medical insurance (including dental & family cover options)
- Bippit account - financial support
- Free professional development and coaching memberships
- Mental health first aiders and an employee assistance programme
- Dog friendly London office!
- If in the office, enjoy a free breakfast every day
- Eye care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Group Life Assurance
Location: Flexible, as the role can be based at any one of our 4 UK sites: Nuneaton, London, Banbury or Derby.
Work Schedule: Hybrid working - 50/50 remote working & flexible start/finish times
Next steps: Your application will be reviewed and if successful, a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch within 2 weeks.
You are required to cooperate with HelloFresh in all health and safety matters. You are responsible for ensuring you take reasonable care of your own health, and safety as well as others who may be affected by the work activities you undertake. You must report incidents immediately and actively raise health and safety-related concerns to your Line Manager.