Menu Development Chef
As part of the HelloFresh ANZ Group, Youfoodz is an innovative fresh meal company creating freedom through products that customers trust! Our success comes from knowing the emerging market trends, understanding and listening to our customers and then taking this knowledge and adding some Youfoodz flavor!
The purpose of this role is to develop, create and innovate new meal concepts and flavours to bring
to the Youfoodz menu. You will receive detailed briefs that will allow you to combine your creative
flair with customer insights, operational feasibility, cost targets and total menu design.
- Take responsibility for the creation of new menu items and products weekly
- Follow a menu brief while adding creativity and wow factor
- Stay up to date with the latest food trends and ingredient seasonality
- Create samples for a taste panel including managers & key business leaders
- Maintain a high standard clean kitchen meeting all health and safety requirements
- Assist in ongoing revision of current formulations, portions and ingredient swaps
- Document all recipes and methodologies in the format provided by the business
- Support QA and technical teams to ensure shelf life and food safety requirements are met
- Prepare initial cost information for concepts.
- Be involved in the menu development process end to end and ensure key tasks are complete
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to collaborate and work with key stakeholders
- Approachable, energetic and flexible in approach
- Aptitude for blue sky/big picture thinking
- Attention to detail and version control to document and track your recipes and product
- Highly organized with a supreme attention to detail
- Process-driven with an eager attitude towards improving operational efficiency
- A self-starter and truly proactive problem solver, who works relentlessly to execute all steps needed until the problem is solved
- Able to maintain consistent deadlines with ensuring complete accuracy across all projects and tasks
Specific role requirements:
- Certificate 3 Commercial Cookery
- Certificate 4 Commercial Cookery
- 5 + years’ experience commercial cookery
- Menu creation experience
- Head Chef Experience
- Head Chef, NPD Chef, Creative Chef
- Recipe Creation and NPD experience
- Large scale manufacturing experience is helpful
- Large scale catering or cooking is helpful
What you’ll get in return…
- Growing Organisation - now part of the global success story, HelloFresh
- Employee discounts on Youfoodz & HelloFresh products
- Flexible working arrangements
- Egoless environment, constant learning with room for personal growth
Start Date: Immediately available - Can wait a notice period
Location: Australia, Brisbane (Must have the rights to work in Australia)
Salary: Competitive salary & employee benefits
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.