Hourly Rate - $18.50
Shift - Multiple Shifts Available
The Quality Associate ensures that Hello Fresh quality standards are achieved through inspection of
grocery ingredients during the receiving/yielding, production auditing and discarding processes in
support of production goals for Hello Fresh meal subscriptions.
Essential Functions: Production
1. Audits selected parts of the production line following the box audit process and records
results of audits.
2. Reports any potential problems or issues to Lead and/or Supervisor.
3. When issues are identified, escalate appropriately:
1. For minor issues, resolve immediately or escalate directly to line lead and/or
supervisor to remedy
2. For larger non-conformances, escalate to line lead and/or supervisor for
immediate corrective action to avoid systematic errors, i.e. stopping the line,
checking boxes made recently
Essential Functions: Receiving
1. Completes meat and truck temperature log sheet as scheduled by Supervisor.
2. Responsible to verify quality of ingredients through yielding or sort.
3. Follow the ingredient specification guidelines.
4. Report any issues regarding low yields so it can be escalated appropriately.
5. Enter data either on paper or electronically.
Essential Functions: Discard
1. Gather, keep count and enter/record data regarding discarded product from various
2. As appropriate, assess ingredients for recoverability and return them to production or
Essential Functions: Other
1. Complete meat temperature log sheet as scheduled by Supervisor.
2. Verify that the FIFO rotation is being followed
3. Verify the quality of the ingredients as they are being brought up from the production floor.
4. Verify expiration date of all groceries
5. Complete tasks as directed with minimum supervision
1. Ability to visually inspect components.
2. Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing in English, effectively and professionally
with employees at all levels of the organization.
3. Time Management and ability to prioritize effectively.
4. Understand the role of Quality within the organization.
5. Ability to move quickly in order to keep line going.
6. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
7. Basic mathematics.
8. Legible handwriting.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing and assembly environment
and is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10º - 40º). The employee is frequently
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the
work environment and job sites can be loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach
and lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required talk or
hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50
pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are varied according to shift and production schedule. Some overtime may be
needed depending upon weekly orders and weekend work may be required depending on scheduling.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. One year of related experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
3. Must be willing and able to work entire schedule as we cannot accommodate partial shifts or
4. Must be able to count and have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
5. Must have basic computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Sheets