Manager, People and Culture
About the Role
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
We are looking for a Manager, People and Culture to provide operational and strategic HR support to our production teams in our Mississauga and Brampton fulfilment centres. Reporting to the Senior Manager, HR, you will play a critical role in providing HR leadership and ensuring a safe, productive, inclusive, and engaging work environment.
What you will be doing:
- In partnership with the Production management team, manage full-cycle HR programs (including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, organizational design, compensation and benefits, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, and offboarding) to support operational and strategic business needs.
- Work closely with supervisors and managers to create a safe, engaging, productive work environment and provide coaching on key areas such as performance management, employee relations, health and safety, and team effectiveness.
- Accountable for key HR metrics including employee engagement, regrettable turnover, absenteeism, and health and safety.
- Collaborate with management team to ensure health and safety compliance, including the Joint Health and Safety Committee, employee training and education, investigating accidents and incidents, return to work procedures, and coordinating with legislative bodies (i.e. Canadian Food Inspection Agency and WSIB Ontario).
- Coach and mentor local HR team and collaborate with HR colleagues located across Canada to ensure consistency and alignment in HR programming.
- Other duties as assigned
At a minimum, you have:
- Degree in Human Resources Management, or equivalent 5+ years of experience as a HR Business Partner or HR Manager, ideally within manufacturing, warehousing, or distribution industries
- Demonstrated experience leading change management initiatives, specifically in organizational design/structure, HR program development and implementation, and continuous improvement of HR processes
- Strong understanding of provincial health and safety, employment, and human rights legislation
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent coaching and conflict resolution skills, with demonstrated experience in leading complex workplace investigations
- Sound judgement and consistently adhere to fair, ethical conduct with respect to employee relations and our highly diverse employee population
- Team player with strong prioritization, time management, and organization skills
- Ability to work within a quickly changing, high pressure environment and with a great deal of ambiguity
- Experienced in Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets) and HR tools (HRIS, ATS, scheduling/time tracking)
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!