Senior Backend Engineer [TAM] (m/f/x)
Our TAM Expansion team aims to grow our global footprint by launching our core products in different markets and expanding our offerings through multiple brands and verticals. We are a globally-distributed team working together on 7+ brands in 15+ countries. There are lots of exciting projects on the go, so if you are passionate about taking on challenges like this, join us!
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes and background - frontend, backend, full-stack, and mobile. As a team, we have a track record in successfully bootstrapping new ventures in several countries. Once established at the market, we grow our brands and continuously iterate towards a better customer experience. That requires us to build new frontend and backend capabilities on top an build new functionality into the HelloTech system.
We are looking for developers who are excited by great code that scales well. As a member of our Berlin team, you’ll team up with ambitious, geeky, and experienced engineers who have been solving problems in this space for quite some time, and have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world.
The “learning never stops” here at HelloFresh. We expect you to learn every day, both through your work and beyond. We support you with ambitious learning OKRs, and subsequently through dedicated self-development time and learning budget.
If you value speed and agility and believe in a data-driven development space, this is the place for you. The ideal candidate for this role will leverage data - test results, logs, defect rates - to ruthlessly prioritize the work that needs to be done and collaborate with both local and international teams to find MVP solutions.
By the way, most of us love dogs, but we have cat enthusiasts, too. Some of us care about their plants, some about their coffee. We are multi-national and like to impress our colleagues with sweets from our home regions. Come in and tell us what you care about.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help architect and implement solutions, lead projects, and mentor team members. You will strive to achieve company goals and collaborate with local and international teams to find the best solution possible. As a member of our Berlin team, you’ll work with highly-skilled engineers, who have been solving problems in this space for quite some time, and have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world!
Lettuce share what this role will be responsible for
Work in a cross-functional team of 5-7 people using a wide range of technologies and frameworks. Your team will be a place where your thoughts and opinions matter and your contributions will be elemental for the team's success.
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, and operations of the microservices that you will develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming and other cutting edge methodologies
- Be active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile team. You collaborate with Product Owners, Engineers across the tribe, Designers, and Business Intelligence teams
- Act as ambassador for engineering excellence and actively support and mentor colleagues
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, Istio, and more
Sound a-peeling? Here's what we're looking for
- 6+ years of experience on an agile software development team, preferably in a senior role
- Hands-on experience in continuous integration and delivery of customer-facing applications
- Fluent in Golang
- Practical experience with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL technologies (e.g. Redis), with demonstrable ability to write and execute effective queries
- Track record of acting as an advocate for best tech practices such as clean code, TDD, BDD, DDD, and distributed architectural patterns
- In-depth work with event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
- Expertise in distributed microservices architecture with an ability to make trade-offs
- Deep knowledge of Docker and k8s
- You seek to continuously develop yourself and learn from your peers
- Having worked in end-to-end development processes, including unit, integration & functional testing, distributed architecture, application tuning/profiling, and continuous integration
- You thrive in the opportunity to collaborate and mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge and trends
- [Nice to have] Practical experience with Front-end (Typescript, ReactJS)
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidized childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighbouring gym & Urban Sports Club, company events and parties, discount on our Convini vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.