Engineering Manager, Engagement (m/f/x)
As the Engineering Manager for the Engagement Alliance, you will guide a team focused on optimizing the Week Management domain. Week management domain allows the customer to find their suitable rhythm and box configurations based on their individual schedule, family planning and current commitment level to HelloFresh. Your role involves ensuring that customers realize their envisioned meal experience for the week, accommodating changes as needed. You will be responsible for key pages that drive customer engagement and satisfaction across iOS, Android, and Web applications.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
- Lead, inspire and grow a cross-functional team of +8 engineers, while ensuring smooth delivery of new products and continuous improvement of your team’s tech real estate.
- Drive architectural and design decisions in the team, having a strong focus on the highest quality standards, engineering best practices, and operational excellence.
- Ensure close collaboration and joint decision-making between different engineering teams and stakeholders, especially product leads.
- Actively contribute in the hiring and capacity planning process.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture and promote HelloFresh DNA.
What you’ll bring
- You have strong working experience in native mobile development (iOS/Android).
- You have led a cross-functional team in an agile environment (5+ engineers).
- You have a great understanding and working knowledge of building scalable microservice architectures based products.
- You have experience with DevOps practices and cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- You are an empathetic, strong communicator and active listener.
- You are a humble leader, who is able to motivate a team and drive them to their highest potential.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighbouring gym & Urban Sports Club, company events and parties, discount on our Convini vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.