Food Safety Supervisor
Factor_ a brand of HelloFresh is seeking a Food Safety Supervisor. The Food Safety Supervisor position is responsible for all adhering to all food safety regulatory and SQF standards. The food safety supervisor will act as a backup SQF Practitioner. The position develops, implements and manages food safety & SQF systems designed to ensure continuous compliance with all food safety regulatory and SQF standards.
- Ensure food safety compliance with local, city, state and federal requirements
- Manage SQF systems and act as a backup SQF practitioner
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Performing internal audits.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within the company.
- Maintain an active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement food safety training programs.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for products throughout the production cycle.
- Interact with vendors and procurement to ensure food safety of all purchased parts.
- Addressing nonconformities from previous internal and external audits.
- Conducting a management review of the food safety & SQF system.
- Following-up on and closing pending preventive and corrective action requests.
- Ensuring that organizational systems and training is in place.
- Ensuring that documentation and design controls are appropriate for organization.
- Administering document control and configuration management system.
- Overseeing established calibration and testing programs.
- Assisting the management team and providing FS/QA support when the Manager is out.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training and corrective direction.
- Understand and enforce requirements of SQF Quality Code and ensure that all staff is aware of their responsibilities / accountability as it relates to the SQF Quality Code
- SQF practitioner
- Leadership: train and develop a large group of employees
- Performance Management: for assigned production lines
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency: speak to employees with tact and diplomacy
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production and maintaining productivity
- Technical Capacity: computer literacy to input information into the computer
- Learning Orientation: able to take direction and relay information to employees
At a minimum, you have...
- Degree in Biology, Food Science or related management work experience.
- At least 2 years of work experience in quality/food safety assurance, should be combined with a demonstrated track-record of accomplishments as a quality assurance supervisor/manager, and with satisfying customers in technology-driven, developing companies.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing and assembly environment and is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10º - 40º).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and/or tools. The employee is required to talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.