Health and Safety Coordinator
Title: Health and Safety Coordinator
Location: Torbram Rd & Clark Blvd, Brampton, ON
About the Role
The Health and Safety Coordinator is responsible for administering health and safety processes, rolling out communications, organizing and facilitating training sessions, conducting audits and spot checks, and reporting on performance metrics.
The Health and Safety Coordinator reports to the Health and Safety Specialist/Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Implement established workplace Health and Safety procedures as defined by HelloFresh policies and regional OHS and Health
- Facilitate and conduct workplace risk assessments in partnership with with the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Support in developing workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures in partnership with the site stakeholders and HQ Health and Safety team
- Train employees, monitor and correct use of PPE, engineering and administrative safety controls in both production and non-production areas
- Conduct daily safety walks and huddles to ensure high compliance in safety measures
- Conduct and complete incident investigations; facilitate corrective actions with site stakeholders
- Facilitate safety communications by ensuring Supervisors are equipped to delivery safety topics in daily huddle meetings; and employee GMP and Safety trainings
- Track and oversee Health and Safety performance metrics - Near Misses, Injuries, Missed Work Days; Ensure and track health and safety compliance and take part in the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC), including conduct spot checks and participate in incident investigations
- Ensure employees adhere to the COVID-19 Safety Plan, including overseeing health screening process (e.g. check in, temperature testing, online questionnaires), PPE use, and social distancing - promptly escalate safety issues and risks to Site Leadership and JHSC
- Review and collaborate with Facilities Manager to adjust sanitation practices and identify causes or determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future
- Manage inventory of safety supplies, ordering as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed (e.g. masks, plastic bags, face shields, gloves)
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
- Use personal protective and safety equipment and clothing as directed by the employer and report workplace hazards and dangers to the supervisor or employer.
- Other duties as assigned
At a minimum, you have:
- Completed post-secondary in (EHS) Environmental Health and Safety, or related field or equivalent work experience in an OSHA background.
- 3+ years of work experience required in Health and Safety Environment
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality customer experience, building a safety culture, communicating to get team member buy-in
- Detail oriented with proven ability to prioritize and work efficiently with minimum direction or supervision
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to perform administrative tasks with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including active listening and proofreading
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to demonstrate good, sound judgment
- Availability to work weekend schedules and in temperature controlled (it’s food, so it’s cold!) facilities
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Calendar, Gmail, Docs, Sheets), and video conferencing (Hangouts Meet)
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!