Operational Support Function Shift Manager
About The Team:
We're currently on the hunt for a Shift Manager to join our passionate, hardworking Operational Support Function (OSF) team. Reporting into the Operations Management Team, you'll be responsible for supporting our warehouse operations and production in one of the UK's fastest growing food companies! You’ll be expected to drive excellent standards, be hugely influential in developing and engaging with our teams as well as improving processes and developing our teams, to ensure we provide an exceptional product to our hungry customers, each and every delivery.
You will be part of a team who will drive engagement and people practices’ through the line to our operatives. You will manage the input and output of HelloFresh’s key HR policies and procedures, and lead engagement projects whilst also taking on project work to further improve our business. The OSF team is also expected to step into being able to run the shift from time to time ensuring our customers receive the best possible quality and service.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Day to day management of colleagues through the line, including attendance management, engagement and disciplinary procedures where necessary.
- Liaising with HR to deliver the joint HR and operational OKRs.
- Managing our QC team, and take ownership of our employee facilities areas.
- Leading and coming up with engagement projects.
- Engage in regular meetings with colleagues, listen and acting upon feedback to make the employee’s experience outstanding.
- Manage complex case loads and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Managing your Diary to ensure the most productive use of yours and your teams time.
- Occasionally running shifts with the view to maximise operational efficiency and productivity.
- Responsible for achieving performance KPI’s such as Attendance and AWOL.
- Training & development of the leadership team, through both classroom and on the floor methods.
- Working closely with all teams onsite to ensure the production lines are operating with a safety first mentality.
- Ensuring excellent communication between production/warehouse team members and Operations staff.
- Accurate completion of all paperwork and reporting.
- Create a positive team dynamic and push the importance of engagement across the site.
- Be the point of escalation and support for all staff on shift.
- Lead and motivate all Operational staff to care about our product and our customers.
Who You Are:
- A real ‘People Person’, an Operator with a love of people management.
- Excellent people skills and be passionate about achieving results through people.
- Fantastic communication skills, the ability to cut through with key messages.
- A natural coach, with a proven track record of people development.
- A eye for detail, able to ask probing and difficult questions to get the right outcome.
- Effective problem solving, with a solutions focus and strong technical knowledge.
- KPI and results driven not only of operational standards, but those relating to the HR field.
- Strong understanding of health and safety and its application in a warehouse/production environment.
- Used to working in a high pressure, fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Understanding of operational and HR reporting, key information identification and critical issue escalation.
- Managing projects and delivering within set time scales.
- Experience within an FMCG or food Retail background is preferable.
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude.
What you will get in return:
- 70% off HelloFresh or Green Chef boxes
- Company pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Bupa private medical insurance (including dental & family cover options)
- Bippit account - financial support
- Free professional development and coaching memberships
- Mental health first aiders and an employee assistance programme
- Eye care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Group Life Assurance
Location: The Granary, Unit 3, Chalker Way, Banbury, OX16 4XD
Work Schedule: 12pm -12am - 4 days on 3 days off shift pattern working Thursday to Sunday
Next steps: Your application will be reviewed and if successful, a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch within 2 weeks.
You are required to cooperate with HelloFresh in all health and safety matters. You are responsible for ensuring you take reasonable care of your own health, and safety as well as others who may be affected by the work activities you undertake. You must report incidents immediately and actively raise health and safety-related concerns to your Line Manager.
If you are currently a HelloFresh employee, please make sure you have discussed your application with your Line Manager.