Director of Quality
Director of Quality
Location: NYC or Newark NJ
Reports to: Senior Director of Quality
Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re always striving for greater efficiency.. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As the Director of Quality, you will deliver strategic and tactical product quality leadership across the HelloFresh network. With the support of other food safety & quality (FSQ) leaders, you will work closely with HelloFresh sites and work toward continuous improvement of quality programs & systems.
You will ...
- Lead the quality teams at 6+ nationwide HF sites (~800 people). Teams include site leads (Sr Manager or Manager level) through temps. These teams are responsible for receiving inspection and management and executing kit & box audits.
- Manage change intentionally, effectively, and with excellent and transparent communication. Bring your team and stakeholders along for the journey.
- Lead transformational change within our DC quality teams, including challenging current business practices, working cross functionally to drive business wide improvements, and updating our quality objectives and execution to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Manage product quality at each distribution center to ensure optimal customer experience.
- Oversee the nationwide standardization of quality processes at distribution centers.
- Evaluate real time internal audit data and customer feedback to determine root causes and establish corrective actions to improve product quality.
- Partner with our Continuous Improvement team to build and execute data driven process changes, designed to improve quality rates.
- Own, execute, challenge, and improve upon the staffing model for DC quality teams.
- In partnership with Supplier Quality, collect distribution center level feedback to continuously improve the quality of incoming ingredients.
- Collaborate with Procurement stakeholders to track produce market ingredient quality and develop distribution level actions plans for optimal product quality.
- Report on KPIs and quality error rate trends to executive leadership, site leaders, cross functional partners, etc, with action plans to improve metrics.
- Serve as primary quality leadership POC for cross functional team projects, decisions, or initiatives that require quality team leadership engagement, feedback and signoff; this includes but is not limited to all other FSQ teams, fulfillment, operational excellence, automation / engineering, logistics, procurement, menu planning, culinary, business technology, customer care and finance.
- Lead the implementation of quality standards and processes during launch of new distribution centers; including staffing, team management, training, technology, risk management, and process ownership.
- Structure, drive, and champion the development of a consistent and always-improving field learning program for DC quality employees.
- Champion the HelloFresh Culture of Quality by setting the example and making decisions that will enable assembly of safe and high quality food.
- Set the example for effective collaboration & transparent communication. Use project management tools and data effectively.
- Trusted Partner & Adviser: you're able to cultivate collaborative partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
- Bold: you are a true entrepreneurial spirit and not afraid to take calculated risks to disrupt the status quo; you're a visionary leader that listens to your team and values their ideas
- Action Oriented: you’re able to prioritize organizational objectives, problem solve and quickly action solutions that improve the quality of our products
- Strategic: you’re a critical thinker who uses logic and data to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems while thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: you understand the importance of customer experience and are able to achieve excellence in delivering the planned customer outcomes with the highest level of quality and customer experience
- Results-oriented: recognizes and resolves situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in Food Science, Microbiology, Supply Chain, or related
- 10+ years of experience in Food Safety, Quality, Supply Chain, or Food Manufacturing
- Well-versed in quality systems, food safety regulations, HACCP, SQF, GMPs
- Efficient Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.), and Tableau capabilities
- Experience leading multifunctional teams, managing organizational change and strong people development skills
Schedule: Monday-Friday (working weekends and holidays may be required) up to 50% travel. Expected to be at an HF DC and occasionally NYC office at least 3 days / week.
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.