About the Team:
Our Food Safety & Quality Assurance team is recruiting and we are looking for a highly driven Food Safety professional to join our Fresh team as a Technical Lead. Working collaboratively with procurement, culinary development, suppliers and our distribution centres, the role will involve driving best practice within our supply base, improvement in food safety & quality and supporting a wide range of projects to ensure we delight our customers whilst maintaining the highest standards.
What you will be doing:
- Responsibility for day to day technical management of sub categories within the Fresh Produce category.
- Working cross functionally with local and global teams and suppliers to launch new and improved products for our customers.
- Perform supplier visits and audits, including on-boarding of new suppliers and driving ongoing improvements and issue resolution.
- Using your expertise, knowledge from industry and the supply base to develop best practice ways of working with your suppliers and internally.
- Manage supplier product quality and performance. Delivering focused error (complaint) reduction initiatives and identifying projects that will improve our quality and safety standards across farm, packhouse and distribution.
- Investigate any serious customer complaints with suppliers, ensuring the highest standards are maintained.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Investigate and manage quality issues at our distribution centres with suppliers to ensure customer availability and quality is not compromised with thorough root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Work with the wider technical team and procurement to ensure that product specifications deliver for our customers.
Who you are:
- 2+ years experience of a technical role in the food industry.
- Additional food quality & safety qualifications highly desirable (e.g. HACCP, internal auditing).
- Experience of auditing food manufacturers (can also include internal auditing)
- Strong in communication and negotiation skills. Adopts a pragmatic approach to solving time sensitive issues.
- Willing and practised in decision making; stays calm even in challenging situations.
- Energised working in a fast paced environment; ability to multitask with different and competing workstreams.
- Willingness to travel (mainly within the UK though some overseas travel may be required) and spend 1-2 days of your time at suppliers, distribution centres and head office (where you will be based)
What you will get in return:
- 70% off HelloFresh or Green Chef boxes
- Bupa private medical insurance (including dental & family cover options)
- Bippit account - financial support
- Free professional development and coaching memberships
- Mental health first aiders and an employee assistance programme
- Dog friendly office! (London site only)
- If in the office, enjoy a free breakfast every day
- Eye care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Group Life Assurance
Location: The HelloFresh Farm, 60 Worship Street, EC2A 2EZ, London
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday with 1 - 2 days out of office at supplier visits
Next steps: Your application will be reviewed and if successful, a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch within 2 weeks.
You are required to cooperate with HelloFresh in all health and safety matters. You are responsible for ensuring you take reasonable care of your own health, and safety as well as others who may be affected by the work activities you undertake. You must report incidents immediately and actively raise health and safety-related concerns to your Line Manager.
If you are currently a HelloFresh employee, please make sure you have discussed your application with your Line Manager.