Based in our Chippendale office, the Backend Engineer will join our Supply Chain Management teams. If you are not familiar with SCM you can read more about it here. You will have the opportunity to learn and use DevOps and Continuous Delivery practices to deliver incremental and continuous business value.
You will contribute to developing new product features backed by scalable technical solution designs which you can read more about here. You will get support throughout your journey via mentorship, workshops, pair programming. Our Backend Engineers assume development and operational responsibility for the SCM Tech platform that serves all of our internal users for operational purposes.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
Work in a cross-functional team typically comprising 5-7 people using a wide-range of technologies and frameworks. Your team will be a place where your thoughts and opinions matter and your contributions will have a tremendous impact on the team's success.
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operations of the microservices you will develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming and other cutting edge methodologies
- Be active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Frontend Engineers, Designers, and Business Intelligence teams
- Having an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and architecture, and act as ambassador for software solutions offering support and mentorship to colleagues
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Kubernetes, Istio, and more
What you’ll bring
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- 3 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages like Python, Golang, and with data structures/algorithms.
- Knowledge of relational and document databases, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- 2 years of experience testing, maintaining and/or launching software products
- 1 year of experience with software design and architecture
- Practical experience in CI/CD methods and practices
- Passion for software engineering, as shown by previous work experience, projects, or publications.
- Have the ambition to develop yourself and learn from your peers.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Expertise in Microservice architecture
- Relevant working experience of Docker and k8s
- Background working with event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
- Ambition to work in end-to-end development processes, including unit, integration & functional testing, distributed architecture, application tuning/profiling, and continuous integration
- You thrive in the opportunity to collaborate and mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge and trends
- Interacting with front-end developers, designers, product owners and our teams around the world is very much part of our day-to-day, so communication skills are vital.
- We are looking for strong problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of platforms and environments, while also acting as an ambassador to coach team members and stakeholders.
What we offer
- Growth opportunity in a large global engineering organization (400+ engineers).
- Opportunities to lateral move from one technology hub to another
- Significant reduction on our meal kits, 70 % off from your first day
- HelloFresh Academies, monthly internal learning & development
- Continuous development including external courses
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Budget for home office supplies
- A diverse and vibrant international environment, with offices in 18 countries
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in an exciting growth phase
Location: Chippendale Head Office - currently partly working from home #Hybrid
Start Date: Immediately