Senior Content Manager (With Copywriting Skills) (m/f/x)
As the Senior Content Manager & Copywriter - International Brand Marketing, you’ll join a cross-functional team that owns the marketing communication for HelloFresh Group’s portfolio of brands across 16+ markets. As part of your responsibilities, you will write copy, manage translations and drive production innovation for a range of online and offline assets for multiple brands (HelloFresh, EveryPlate, Green Chef, Factor, YouFoodz and Chefs Plate).
You will be a member of the International Marketing Communications team and will work closely with various stakeholders including designers, campaign managers, sustainability experts, local brand teams, other copywriters and translators.
This is not a traditional copywriting role. Duties are spread across localization (translation) management, tone and messaging adherence, and original marketing writing.
Your primary responsibility will be to use project management skills and generative AI tools to oversee translations that retain messaging, strategy and tone across all markets. Your secondary responsibility will be to write brand-aligned marketing content that will be seen by customers around the world.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
- Be the point of contact for translations, making sure they are in line with the established Tone of Voice Guides, brand marketing strategy, current brand messaging and wider business goals. This includes collaborating with local copywriting teams all over the world to transcreate copy into different languages.
- Work alongside the Senior Content Manager to ensure copy tickets from throughout the company are organized, assigned and completed to the highest editorial standards. This includes using project management skills to coordinate multiple stakeholders, optimize processes and improve ways of working for content teams all over the world. Your duties entail reworking existing processes and bringing them to the next level, including finding new technical solutions.
- Conceptualize and write impactful and engaging copy for multiple channels, with an emphasis on CRM.
- Help establish and customize generative AI writing tools to suit HelloFresh Group’s various tones of voice, audiences, operational languages and brands.
- Assist in developing messaging for various seasonal campaigns; adjust messaging and tone based on customer group, channel and brand.
- Approach copy briefs with unique ideas that bring simplicity, concision and charm to sometimes complex messaging. This includes writing copy for experiments and tests that will ultimately impact the direction of our brands’ marketing communications.
- Bring an understanding of the nuances of online and offline channels; keep up-to-date with best practices for respective channels based on internal data and external resources; share and implement learnings.
- Together with various channel owners, understand how messages impact our KPIs, such as click-through rate, conversion rate and reactivation rate.
- Proofread and edit copy for both internal and customer-facing communications.
What you’ll bring
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a relevant role as a copywriter, editor, content strategist and/or content manager – ideally in the areas of food or tech.
- A B.A. or M.A. from a top-tier university in Communications or another related field of study.
- Outstanding English copywriting and editing skills with the ability to develop creative copy, engaging conversion content and succinct instructional messaging.
- Experience with Jira and using it to create efficient task management processes.
- Experience in brand marketing and an understanding of how to adjust your tone of voice to produce brand-aligned content.
- A sense of how to structure and write copy for online paid marketing channels, such as display, paid social, affiliates, SEA/M and YouTube.
- An understanding of KPIs and how to interpret customer insights.
- Confidence to learn and grow in the areas of brand marketing, localization, data-driven decision-making, project management and stakeholder communication.
- A talent for getting to the heart of complex subjects and explaining them simply through creative and impactful copywriting.
- A passion for food and cooking, combined with the understanding of how to leverage copy to build brand credibility.
- A native level of English; ideally, you also bring proficiency in at least one of the following second languages as a plus: German, Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian.
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Airtable, Contentful and/or generative AI writing tools is a plus.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support (if applicable)
- A significant discount on your weekly HelloFresh box
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Mental health support, including Headspace subscription and access to qualified therapists through Spill
- Budget for home office supplies
- Monthly transportation budget through Rydes app
- Working parents support
- Additional perks include: Annual German language budget, discounts for John Reed gyms & Urban Sports Club, regular company events, fresh fruit & free drinks in the office, in-house yoga classes, weekly discount on the Convini vending machine in the office
- Hybrid working model (option to work from home for up to 50% if preferred)
- Sabbatical leave option after 18 months of being with HelloFresh
- HelloFresh Pension Scheme that is subsidized with 20% on top
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 90+ different nationalities
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.