Senior Staff Data Engineer (Data Architecture) (f/m/x)
The job of a Senior Staff Data Architect is to build architectural patterns & standards within the data ecosystem, for whatever purpose, be it automating decisions about orders in our warehouses, building personalized products for our customers or running targeted marketing campaigns. Data products are becoming a key focus of each and every domain of our company and we are looking for a Data Architect to envision, design, and establish this as a core part of our business.
What you’ll do
The Senior Staff Data Architect will work with the domains to identify the key entities, their relationships, and how to best represent the business needs in an efficient, consistent, and flexible architecture.
- Translating business requirements into technology requirements
- Defining the data flow and architecture framework, standards and principles, including modeling, metadata, and security and legal compliance
- Defining data flows from the parts of the organization producing, enriching, and consuming data
- Collaborating and coordinating with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors
- Spreading best practices for data architecture and modeling across the organization
- Proactively provide solutions for complex business problems, enabling insights that can empower better decision-making
What you’ll bring
- You have a foundational understanding of the system development life cycle
- You have worked with Kafka, the Hadoop Ecosystem (Hadoop, Kafka, Spark) and with cloud based services (AWS S3, EMR, Glue)
- You have experience with data management and reporting technologies, databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data.
- You have experience with domain driven design in larger organizations and managing data products end to end
- You have a strong drive to change things for the best and to reach for very high quality standards and outputs
- You have managed senior stakeholders in a complex organization and in a changing environment
- You are eager to define and share best practices of data product management across the organization
- You leverage data to influence others
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.