Principal Software Engineer (m/f/x)
As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of world-class software as well as sharing engineering best practices throughout the organisation. You will work with business leaders across the various tribes to define our business and architecture vision. As a senior technical leader, you will influence technical choices with strong business judgement. You will be required to provide updates and advocate your decisions to the senior leadership team, get buy-in and work hand in hand with all stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Be able to take responsibility for end-to-end software design and development processes, across the entire tech organisation when needed.
- Cooperate with staff engineers and other principal engineers to promote best practices in software architecture, design, development, delivery, deployment, and operations (DevOps Practices, Pair Programming, TDD, streaming etc.)
- Lead teams in ensuring we are adopting and using state-of-the-art technologies effectively.
- Be actively involved in large, strategic tech initiatives, such as distributed data mesh, streaming data, microservice architecture, API definition, CI/CD implementation.
- Collaborate closely with our leadership in Tech, Product, Data, and Business to improve our process, methodologies, communication flows etc.
- Continuous report and advise the senior leadership team in planning and design of the technology roadmap.
- Be an ambassador for the HelloTech brand and partners in hiring to our Talent Acquisition Team.
What you’ll bring
- Technical expertise in building complex distributed systems.
- Strong engineering and architecture experience, leading or contributing in multiple areas such as API/Microservices, Data Modelling/Design, and Infrastructure/DevOps.
- Solid programming and architectural skills in one or more of our core languages: Golang, Java, Kotlin, Python.
- Professional knowledge and experience of commonly used technologies: Kafka, AWS and Kubernetes.
- Experience leading development life cycle process and engineering best practices.
- Experience in improving the environment in which you are working, for technology, methodology, and team collaboration.
- Experience mentoring other engineers and establishing best practices through engineering leadership.
- The ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise form.
- An agile mindset with the ability to advocate for cross-functional collaboration.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighbouring gym & Urban Sports Club, company events and parties, discount on our Convini vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.