Senior International Category Manager - Poultry, Protein (m/f/x)
As an International Category Manager for Poultry you will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the execution of procurement strategies for European Poultry. The role, based in Amsterdam will be part of a new European Protein team, collectively responsible for designing the future subcategory strategy, leading sourcing events, identifying major savings opportunities, consolidating category best practices, owning supplier relationships, be responsible for raising the bar in animal welfare and sustainability and executing on quality improvement initiatives in the local markets.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice and the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, and Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly and we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets and brand portfolio, but also in new geographies and new brands. Join us and play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
What you’ll do
- Manage relationships with local Poultry suppliers ensuring a smooth collaboration and stable operations
- Manage the risk structure of the subcategory, identifying challenges and working with other teams in implementing mitigation strategies to limit business exposure
- Lead single or multi-market tenders for Poultry suppliers to drive savings and improve our customer offering on both quality and sustainability
- Facilitate the collaboration with local stakeholders, including managing our local Poultry assortment in the different HelloFresh markets
- Collaborate in process improvements with Poultry suppliers to reduce recurring errors
- Support in the design, execution and tracking of our Poultry procurement strategy
What you’ll bring
- Relevant experience in direct procurement or as a consultant with a track record or delivering savings and product improvements
- An exceptional academic record with degree from top tier college or University (Engineering or Business degrees preferred)
- Exemplary and demonstrable stakeholder management experience across diverse stakeholder groups
- An interest in continuous process improvement in a fast paced environment
- Superior analytical skills and operational modeling capabilities connected to strategic thinking
- Progressive supply chain leadership mindset while being able to be pragmatic to solve problems with impact in the short and long term
- Demonstrated ability to enforce metrics that drive efficiency, measure performance and reduce costs, combined with a good sense of hands on mentality
- Fluent Dutch language (spoken and written) is a plus
- Interest to travel abroad
What we offer
- Learning and development opportunities including a personal development budget
- 2 years contract
- 24 holidays per year, plus 1 day per additional year of work
- A hybrid work setup, with a budget to help set up your home office!
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to the office
- A discount on your weekly HelloFresh box
- Our FreshEnergy program including bootcamp, yoga, boxing, Headspace subscription, a collaboration with OpenUp for your mental wellbeing, webinars and other events
- Multiple ways of getting to a work-related appointment, for example by using our company cars or a MyWheels car
- Discount on your ClassPass subscription, and a discount for your gym membership via High Five Fitness Network.
- Discount on your additional health insurance through Zilveren Kruis
- Healthy lunches, fruit and snacks in the office
- Monthly pension scheme
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.