Safety Coordinator or Senior Safety Coordinator
Sr. Safety Coordinator or Safety Coordinator
This role reports to the Sr Manager of Safety.
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Due to growth, HelloFresh is looking to add a Sr. Safety Coordinator to our team! As a Sr. Safety Coordinator, you will join forces with the Site Safety Manager to head up workplace safety initiatives for one of our distribution center operations! You will be on the front lines of production and immerse yourself in the trenches to promote HelloFresh’s vision, inspire change, raise the bar on safety performance, and champion a culture of safety!
- Work with integrity and the utmost regard for the safety and health at HelloFresh
- Provides subject matter expertise either through education, training, and/or experience in multiple areas including environmental management, compliance, occupational safety, risk management and/or occupational health
- Ensure OSHA compliance within a HelloFresh/Green Chef Facility including but not limited to: Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT’s); New Hire safety training and ongoing safety training; Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding and Chemical Safety; all necessary recordkeeping and reporting including OSHA 300 Logs
- Assisting EHS site teams as a visual presence on the production floor and identify safety risks
- Assist management team during accident or injury investigations and root cause analysis
- Act as the management team’s subject matter expert for safety and security questions
- Assisting EHS site teams as a visual presence on the production floor
- Identify safety risks present on the floor to be fixed or addressed
- Complete EHS related audits and after-action responses to the identified gaps
- Coordinator other associates on the floor with ergonomics, safety, and other related issues
- Identify employees violating safety rules and coordinator them on a safer way
- Act as an on-site first responder who can provide basic first aid to injured persons
- Ensure visibility of HSE initiatives at the site level (Behavior Safety, Safe Work Permit process, Safety Observations, Near Miss, etc) to all levels of operations management and recommend improvements in effectiveness. Demonstrate sound judgment based on observations and evaluation, by site, to determine safety meeting effectiveness and appropriate level of mentoring for safety meeting facilitators. Collect and analyze data to identify safety or injury trends and develop corrective actions
- Ensure contractors and visitors follow HelloFresh safety policies during their time on-site
- Assist with the site emergency action plan and liaison with local first responders when needed
- Conduct a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) of all routine and non-routine tasks performed on-site
- Promote safer forklift operations through training, observation and coaching operators
- Support other departments including quality, food safety, production and logistics as needed
- Partner: you effectively listen, build rapport and communicate at all levels; you’re confident sharing ideas and are a trusted advisor for workplace safety
- Results-driven: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency.
- Programmatic: able to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it and completing the task.
- Inspirational: you know how to make an impact and deliver presentations that inspire and influence change
- Versatile: you roll with the punches and don’t get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues and have a knack for driving results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- Available Shifts: (4) 10 hour days 6:30AM - 2:30PM or 3-:00PM - 11:30PM - One Weekend Day required
- 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous PTO policy, as well as paid holidays off
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- Amazing discounts, including up to 75% off HelloFresh subscription
- Flexible shift scheduling & advancement opportunities
- Emergency child and adult care services
- Snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.