Labor Relations Business Partner
As a Labor Relations Business Partner (LRBP), you will play an integral role in the enhancement and scaling of Labor Relations (LR) capability and will work to execute and manage a streamlined LR function across field DC locations in multiple states. In this role, you will partner with LR & HR leaders to oversee key LR initiatives aligned to the broader organizational strategy, and work as a trusted adviser providing support and guidance to leaders of all levels. You will serve as the LR subject matter expert for a team of over 10,000 associates while working closely with the Sr. Manager of Labor Relations to implement a long term strategy for elevating the LR function and capabilities across the organization.
- Handle labor relations activities and demonstrate LR expertise, excellent judgment, and highly developed analytical, interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Perform site assessments, develop action plans, and provide guidance as necessary.
- Support HR and Ops partners in handling labor relations related concerns.
- Will stay attuned to organizational and operational changes across the Company to identify potential labor relations risks and develop plans to address proactively.
- Leverage resources and actively collaborate with HR Leadership and Legal partners to ensure the applicable policies, training and risk mitigation strategies are in place to support our company mission and values.
- Conduct LR risk & trend analysis for all field locations, and implement proactive network and site specific risk mitigation strategies in partnership with field HR Business Partners.
- Partner with HR Business Partners to oversee implementation of action plans stemming from site assessments, trends, and/or labor activity in support of enhancing our overall employee experience.
- Proactively identify opportunities for elevation and take appropriate partners to implement processes that mitigate risk and improve the employee experience.
- Foster the culture of proactive positive employee relations across all levels of leadership.
- An excellent communicator, able to present information in a clear and concise manner orally and in writing to ensure others understand ideas; appropriately adapt message, style, and tone to accommodate a variety of audiences
- Objective, approachable and able to interact effectively with all levels of employees both in person and virtually in a positive and respectful manner
- Able to maintain the highest level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Adaptable and flexible, you are motivated to drive results in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant, and can meet deadlines with a strong sense of urgency and adaptability
- A people advocate + culture curator: your passion for solving people problems a
and dedication to delivering a positive employee experience make you an awesome ambassador for our culture & team
- You operate and live by our core values, the HelloFresh DNA: Speed & Agility, Relentless Prioritization, Egoless Environment, Learning Never Stops, and Data-Drivenness
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 5+ years of Labor and Employee Relations experience preferably in a field operations or distribution environment
- Experience managing a LR and ER function across multiple states strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with federal, state and local employment and labor laws
- Ability to develop processes and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to influence leaders of all levels
- Experience analyzing and using metrics to identify vulnerabilities and drive improvements in the employee experience
- High level of comfort working autonomously and recommending strategic changes
- Ability to develop and execute a proactive employee and labor relations strategy focused on building leadership skills to promote employee engagement
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Required travel to sites monthly or as needed, sometimes at short notice
- Bilingual or Multilingual verbal communication skills a plus
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium and other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company