Job Title: Production Associate
Location: 3520 Laird Road, Mississauga L5L 5Z7
About the Role
Are you ready to join an exciting and dynamic team? We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join us as a Production Associate. Reporting to a Production Team Lead, you will play a crucial role in our production process.
As a Production Associate, you will be responsible for ensuring that HelloFresh boxes are prepared with the utmost care and attention to detail. Your main responsibilities will include portioning fresh ingredients, printing and applying labels, packing meal kits and boxes, setting up workstations, and ensuring all work areas are safe, organized, clean and sanitized. Other tasks as assigned.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by adhering to HelloFresh’s safety policies, wearing personal protective equipment (ppe) and clothing as required, and promptly reporting any workplace hazards to First Aid and Supervisors
- Assemble and manually pack meal kits and customer boxes according to customer specifications and HelloFresh standards with focus on accuracy, quality and freshness of ingredients
- Feed and unload food, beverage and associated products processing machines
- Lift, load and transport ingredients and boxes onto racking and onto pallets in a safe and efficient manner, following proper lifting techniques and using appropriate equipment as necessary
- Manually portion and label ingredients as per specifications ensuring accuracy in weights and labelling information. Assist machine operators and automation technicians on automated equipment to ensure efficient and effective use completion of production processes
- Operate multiple printing machines to ensure the timely and accurate production of kit labels, shipping labels, ingredient labels, recipe cards, inserts as per daily demand. Ensure accuracy of information (best before dates, allergens) and minimize over production to reduce waste
- Organize and maintain label, insert and recipe card inventory, ,provide accurate daily cycle counts of printed materials, Ensure all expired and obsolete labels are disposed of at the end of the production week
- Clean and sanitize all equipment and work areas within the facility, ensuring all waste and packaging are properly categorized and disposed and/or recycled of as per instructions and training
- Participate in ongoing training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge
- Foster a positive and respectful work environment by maintaining professional communication and behavior with coworkers and promoting a sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Work in compliance with OH&S acts and regulations.
- Use personal protective and safety equipment and clothing as directed by the employer and report workplace hazards and dangers to the supervisor or employer.
- Other duties as assigned
At a minimum, you have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willing and able to push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs
- Has experience standing for prolonged periods of time including regular bending, twisting and walking
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize, remain calm and alert while multitasking in a fast-paced and deadline oriented environment.
- Willing and able to work in a refrigerated environment (0°C to 4°C)
- Familiar with MS Office and/or Google Apps and comfortable learning new technologies.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, in addition to having strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, evenings and holidays as required
- 1 year experience in Sanitation or Janitorial is considered an asset.
- Level 1 First Aid is considered an asset.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh or Chefs Plate weekly box subscription
- High impact work to help feed thousands of families in Canada
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Work with a hard-working and supportive team
It’s no surprise that as a food company, we use many ingredients that may be considered common allergens (i.e. peanuts, tree nuts, milk, etc.). Whether this role is based out of our headquarters or one of our distribution centers, it is possible that you may be exposed to such allergens in this role. If you have any concerns with being exposed to any particular food ingredients, including meat, please disclose this during the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, please click the "Apply Now" button. If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, but you'd like to know more about joining the HelloFresh team, please visit our Jobs page to view our other vacancies. We'd love to hear from you!