Senior Category Manager - Indirect Procurement (f/m/x)
As Senior Category Manager - Indirect Procurement, you will be leading the category strategy development process for CapEx and MRO for our 18+ multisite markets globally. You will develop and implement the strategic category sourcing across markets, managing internal stakeholders and suppliers around the world. In this role you will lead the category, as well as managing projects and programmes. This role reports into the International Team Lead.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Total estimated spend of €120 million spanning across the different markets in the CapEx (Construction & Equipment) and MRO categories
- You will design and execute business-wide category strategies that deliver value to the organization, including budgeting, sourcing strategy and creation of clear and measurable KPIs
- Your primary responsibility will involve serving as the global subject matter expert (SME) in all commercial areas, acting as the central point of contact for international markets.
- You will take the lead in all supplier discussions throughout tender processes, contract execution phases, and post-tender engagements. As the SME, you'll carry the responsibility for analyzing macroeconomic trends and making procurement recommendations to the leadership, also involving communication with the Senior Leadership team.
- You will liaise with stakeholders to identify opportunities to reduce the total cost of ownership of products and services
- You will act as the interface between internal stakeholders, category owners and suppliers
- You will be visiting existing and potential new suppliers as well as visiting the local HelloFresh subsidiaries
- You will work closely with multiple International departments and teams (Culinary, Safety and Quality, Supply Chain, Sustainability etc) to secure implementation of operations related strategic initiatives.
- You’ll define commercial terms with suppliers during international tenders and you will hold accountable for the timing and extension of sourcing process and contracts
- Your role will pivot around being the key reference point for CapEx and MRO, with an unwavering emphasis on maintaining superior Quality standards and strict adherence to delivery timelines, following the contractual SLAs and KPIs..
- You will take charge of payment terms improvement for your specific categories, overseeing and managing the conditions for payment, following HelloFresh target and guidance to the subject.
- You will be developing world-class suppliers that can bring or jointly develop innovative products that will also impact top line growth
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Academic degree in Business, Engineering, Supply-chain Management, or a related field of study.
- 7+ years of technical experience in indirect procurement. At least 2-3 years experience on CapEx and MRO.
- Prior exposure to category management and procurement are highly desirable; as is demonstrated success in managing a multi-disciplinary team in a matrix environment
- Strong and proven experience in development and implementation of strategies in order to maintain business continuity at efficient costs
- Strong communication skills at different levels in an intercultural environment
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Demonstrated ability define and monitor process adherence metrics
- The ability to craft long-term internal and external business relationships, manage change and provide strategic leadership is essential
- Demonstrable stakeholder management experience across diverse stakeholder groups
- Progressive strategic mindset combined with experience in working in a matrix organization combined with a good sense of hands on mentality
- Superior analytical and data analysis skills, problem solving techniques, structuring of complex projects
- Readiness to frequently travel nationally/abroad to our sites
- Team player with hands-on mentality
- Fluent business English and German, any other European languages are considered a plus
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- 2 years contract
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, company events and parties, discount on our Convini vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.