About The Team:
As an Automation Engineer you will be the site Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the team, for all controls systems, maintenance engineering, sensors, PLCs, communication protocols, and automation for the site. You will work with the facilities and maintenance teams and colleagues to maintain and repair conveyance, automation and facilities equipment to support operations uptime and improve reliability of our systems.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work in a hands-on manner to actively monitor, fault find and repair systems in order to provide a high level of equipment availability to internal customers.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine inspections on assigned automation, robotics and control panels.
- Perform troubleshooting of assigned out of service equipment and correct issues, act as an escalation point for lower level technicians, and escalate to leadership and/or vendors as needed for additional troubleshooting.
- Document all work in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and ticketing systems as appropriate.
- Mentor all maintenance personnel in developing appropriate skill sets and knowledge of equipment specializing in automation, controls and robotics.
- Lead root cause analysis of major downtime events.
- Act as a network resource for technical issues and lead network-wide root cause analysis.
- Develop maintenance personnel knowledge on intermediate to advanced automation, controls and robotics.
- Partner with engineering on commissioning of new controls systems.
- Audit vendor work to provide feedback to leadership on quality of work and SLA performance.
- Write and/or modify PMs to standardize across the network and increase effectiveness.
Who You Are:
- Experienced in either Automation Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maintenance Engineering
- Obtained a Mechatronics, Electrical and Electronic, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering degree, qualifications or related field of study
- Experience of having worked in a manufacturing and/or production environment such as FMCG
- Experience in PLC controlled automation and automated processes
- In depth experience working with PLCs, HMIs, VFDs etc. to include programming, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance
- Strong computer skills
- Having had plenty of dealings and exposure with material handling, flow and capacity visualization and monitoring
What you will get in return:
- 70% off HelloFresh or Green Chef boxes
- Company pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Bupa private medical insurance (including dental & family cover options)
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Bippit account - financial support
- Free professional development and coaching memberships
- Mental health first aiders and an employee assistance programme
- Eye care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Group Life Assurance
Location: 1 Holme Lane, Spondon, Derby, DE21 7HW
Work Schedule: Beginning on days then rotating on days and nights
Next steps: Your application will be reviewed and if successful, a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch within 2 weeks
You are required to cooperate with HelloFresh in all health and safety matters. You are responsible for ensuring you take reasonable care of your own health, and safety as well as others who may be affected by the work activities you undertake. You must report incidents immediately and actively raise health and safety-related concerns to your Line Manager.
If you are currently a HelloFresh employee, please make sure you have discussed your application with your Line Manager.