Senior Data Engineer (f/m/x)
As a Senior Data Engineer at HelloFresh, you will be collaborating to build a robust and highly performant data platform using cutting-edge technologies. You will develop distributed services that process data in batch and real-time with a focus on scalability, data quality, and business requirements. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging data-related problems and building a self-serve data platform.
What you'll do
- Build reusable technology that enables teams to capture, process, store, and serve their data products in an easy way
- Build and maintain complex and scalable ETL pipelines
- Work closely with the data infrastructure team
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders such as Marketing, Product Analytics, etc.
- Drive data quality and governance
What you'll bring
- Extensive experience in Software Engineering and the ability to design, implement and deliver maintainable and high-quality code
- Deliver scalable production-ready solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience with Apache Spark, Hive, and Kafka
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, e.g., AWS (S3, EMR, Glue, Athena)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with data modeling and data warehousing solutions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to build effective communication structures in a fast-growing engineering organization
- Exceptional technical background and a demonstrated clear impact on achieving business goals
- Demonstrable past experience with Agile methodologies, with a strong focus on data-driven experimentation, lean thinking, and quick iterations
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.