Senior Backend Engineer, Growth Alliance (m/f/x)
The Growth Alliance enables HelloFresh to expand by getting more customers to try, recommend, and return back to our products. We build digital products that are used by customers all over the world. Our teams work at a global scale on services and products like scalable web mono repo infrastructure, checkout funnel on web and native apps, discounting and wallet services, price experimentation infrastructure, and referral marketing technology. If you want to build customer facing products that are used by millions of people around the world and want to change how they eat forever then come join us!
Our Backend Engineers assume development and operational responsibility for the HelloFresh platform that serves millions globally to deliver the best experience for our customers and internal users.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment and operations of the microservices you will develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming and other cutting edge methodologies
- Be active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Front-end Engineers, Designers, and Business Intelligence teams
- Having an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core product and architecture, and act as ambassador for software solutions offering support and mentorship to colleagues
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark, Kubernetes, Istio, and more
What you’ll bring
- Solid back-end experience with Microservice and distributed event-driven architectural patterns
- Preferably proficient in but not limited to Golang, Kotlin/Java, and/or PHP
- Experience working with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- Experience in true Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Practical experience of TDD, BDD, DDD and distributed architectural patterns
- Background working with event-driven architectures using RabbitMQ and/or Kafka
- Experience working with relational and document databases, including PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- You thrive in the opportunity to collaborate and mentor team members, while also sharing practical knowledge and trends
- Familiarity with e-commerce and subscription-based businesses is a plus
- Experience with experimentation is a plus
Interacting with front-end developers, designers, product managers and our teams around the world is very much part of our day-to-day, so communication skills are vital. We are looking for strong problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of platforms and environments, while also acting as an ambassador to coach team members and stakeholders.
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighbouring gym & Urban Sports Club, company events and parties, discount on our Convini vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.