Financial Controller DACH (f/m/d/x)
As Financial Controller (f/m/d/x) you will be part of the Controlling and FP&A team responsible for the DACH region. This group is tasked with safeguarding and owning the financial health of the companies operating in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Specifically, they are focused on everything in and around the P&L. They maintain and drive a quarterly budget cycle, serve as active business partners to the operations teams, and execute an impeccable and audit-proof financial closing round each month end. The team strives for continuous improvement in all financial and operational processes and is expected to proactively move the business forward on its profitable growth trajectory. Controllers focus on specific elements of the business, however, responsibilities rotate to ensure professional development, and it is expected that end-to-end fluency in the DACH financials is achieved. This role reports to the Team Lead Controlling and FP&A.
- This role is available for a 24-month contract (extension possible).
Your area of responsibility
- You own the weekly and monthly cost controlling for your assigned business segment (topline, inventory, logistics, packaging, marketing, G&A, personnel cost, CAPEX etc.)
- You own the month end closing cycle for your assigned business segment, starting with bookings and finishing with high quality variance analysis
- You execute the quarterly business planning for your assigned business segment
- You serve as a reliable finance business partner to the finance leadership and DACH’s operation teams, leveraging your expertise to ensure profitable decision-making
- You continuously improve the processes that stand behind all aspects of DACH’s financial reporting, budgeting and controlling
- You co-define and execute the departmental OKRs (half-year scope)
- You partner with the local and Global Finance BI function to drive automation and deeper integration of data assets into our financial reporting
- You have a university degree in STEM-related fields, Business Administration, Finance or Economics
- You have gained 3+ years of experience in a financial controlling role
- You have direct experience in executing monthly and quarterly closings, as well as large scale financial planning and budgeting cycles
- You know your way around a P&L and are highly fluent in financial and management accounting topics
- You understand inventory accounting principles
- You have had first, strong touchpoints with building driver based financial models
- You have a great interest in operational processes and their impact on financial outcomes
- You excel at business partnering through strong communication, organization, and a hands-on mentality
- You are able to solve problems in a structured and transparent way
- Deadlines do not bother you, but rather motivate you
- SQL skills are a strong plus for this role and basic competency is needed
- Prior touchpoints with Adaptive, Databricks and Oracle are a plus but not required
- Fluent English spoken and written is a hard requirement, German is a strong plus
What we offer you
- Modern and comfortable working space with great co-workers in Berlin-Kreuzberg*
- Discount for HelloFresh boxes and Convini products
- Development possibilities along with internal trainings and a yearly Learning & Development budget
- Flexible working hours including Work From Home/Work from Abroad/Sabbatical Policy, as well as a home office set up budget
- Extensive Onboarding and Buddy Program
- Social events including team events, Friday beers, company runs, book club, etc.
- Discounted fitness offers with our Urban Sports Club and John Reed partners, as well as yoga classes
- Well-being initiatives in cooperation with Headspace and Spill
- Childcare and company pension scheme benefit
- Monthly transportation budget via RYDES
Are you up for a new challenge?
Apply now with your complete application documents, also without a photo and without stating specific personal characteristics such as nationality or gender if you choose to do so. German or English language certificates and documents regarding residence and work permits are welcome.
We look forward to hearing from you!