Associate Director Int. Safety, Quality & Operations Compliance (m/f/x)
Are you passionate about building food safety standards and systems across multiple countries, driving food safety culture to the next level?
Our International Safety, Quality & Operational Compliance team is looking for an experienced and energetic Food Safety professional to join the international team. Reporting to the Sr. Director of International Safety, Quality and Operational Compliance, this role is critical to develop and drive standards and food safety thinking throughout our HelloFresh Operations. Being accountable for our Distribution Centers compliance (food safety and quality) across international geographies, you will partner with the International Fulfillment Operations leadership team and local leadership teams to drive best in class standards.
Above all, we are looking for people who will make HelloFresh better. We believe there are many different ways of developing skills and we love diverse experiences! So even if you don’t “tick all the boxes” but think you’d thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
What you’ll do
- Have overall accountability for the development and rollout of standardized food safety and quality assurance requirements across HelloFresh International Distribution Centre’s and logistic network, covering 16 markets globally.
- Own and oversee the continued development and rollout of the ‘HelloFresh Compliance Program’ - comprising of internally developed HelloFresh Compliance audits, rollout of BRCGS Storage & Distribution Standard
- Collaborating with the Associate Director Health & Safety continue to evolve the Campden BRI Quality & Safety Culture program, including delivery of focused initiatives
- Support in the evolution of consistent food safety and quality checks and wider error (customer complaint) reduction initiatives across our operations - from intake through to despatch
- Partner with the International Fulfillment Operations leadership teams on joint strategic initiatives including accident and error (customer complaint) reductions - leading by example and coaching to achieve excellence
- Partner with the International Construction and Operational Excellence teams in designing new and improved Distribution Centers and equipment - supporting site readiness initiatives through to successful launch
- Be the custodian of our temperature concept compliance - supporting local market, packaging, logistic and sustainability teams to innovate while achieving international standards
- Own and develop best in class crisis management processes and systems - actively leading business crisis in conjunction with the Sr. Director of Int Safety, Quality & Operational Compliance
- Understand and partner with relevant stakeholders on systems development to further elevate our stock management and traceability systems - unlocking further opportunities in MLOR and ACL for fresh products
- Lead the team to create and deploy food safety and quality procedures and training programs on core risks and quality initiatives - driving continuous improvement initiatives and best practice sharing across geographies.
- Lead the team to oversee new market launches and keep continued ownership of these until they are mature - developing local talent and knowledge
- Build effective relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring all quality data for trends, themes, and opportunities for improvement within the DC and customer delivery segment of the supply chain.
- Evaluate key risks and establish proactive methodologies for mitigation.
- Contribute to ESG and Non-Financial Reporting
- Coach and train the team across markets according to business requirements, including one direct report.
- Role-model our HelloFresh values and our Safety & Quality visions.
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience in a similar role within Food Manufacturing/Assembly/Distribution/Retail (minimum 6+ years’ experience) with relevant qualifications
- Internal and External Audit experience, ideally implementing a GFSI certificate
- Willingness to travel across Europe and Australasia
- Knowledge of government regulations (Wider Europe & ANZ ideal but not mandatory)
- In depth knowledge of food safety systems, HACCP and COSHH
- CIEH Level 4 award in Food safety or relevant qualification
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Adept at data manipulation and analytics
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Embraces change, challenge and working in an autonomous way
- International experience desirable
- Excellent English skills required
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support (if applicable)
- A significant discount on your weekly HelloFresh box
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Mental health support, including Headspace subscription and access to qualified therapists through Spill
- Budget for home office supplies
- Monthly transportation budget through Rydes app
- Working parents support
- Additional perks include: Annual German language budget, discounts for John Reed gyms & Urban Sports Club, regular company events, fresh fruit & free drinks in the office, in-house yoga classes, weekly discount on the Convini vending machine in the office
- Hybrid working model (option to work from home for up to 50% if preferred)
- Sabbatical leave option after 18 months of being with HelloFresh
- HelloFresh Pension Scheme that is subsidized with 20% on top
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 90+ different nationalities
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.