We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer to be part of our ANZ Data & Growth Strategy Team, whose objective is to help continue the ongoing HelloFresh growth and keep us the number #1 Meal Kit Company in the world! Reporting to our Senior Data Engineer, you will be collaborating to build robust and highly performant data pipelines using cutting-edge tools and technologies such as Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, AWS EMR, AWS Glue, Hive, DataBricks, as you work on both local and global projects.
About this Team
This role is apart of our Data & Growth Strategy Team. This team is responsible for making quality data available to data consumers such as Data Scientists and Data Analysts by building data pipelines, so that end users can focus on building data products such as machine learning models, dashboards, analytical deep dives. This team works closely with our global Data Engineering team to ensure ANZ data architecture and data pipelines are in synergy with global Data Engineering projects and strategies. They also provide technical leadership to other local data consumers to improve current data processing workflows.
If you'd like to know more about our Data Team and the current Data Mesh architecture that HelloFresh is building, please watch our team's talk here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajgmjWevOoY&t=2473s
- Build and engineer data pipelines that will make decision-critical data available for data consumers - unlocking new business insights that shape the future of HelloFresh.
- Assess data engineering opportunities and current process improvements in collaboration with the Data Product team, helping the organisation produce more value from the vast amount of data we process and collect.
- Promote data literacy and enablement by upholding data engineering best practices to other local Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts, while working with Global Data Engineering to keep ANZ up-to-date with global infrastructure.
You have/ are...
- Previous 2-4 years' work experience as a Data Engineer
- Hands-on experience in building production-ready end to end data pipelines with AWS
- Worked with SQL, Python, Spark , Kafka, with cloud based services (AWS S3, EMR, Glue) and with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS)
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with strong project management and prioritization skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- A team player, with a willingness to learn and help share best practices with others
What You'll Get In Return...
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing global technology companies in an exciting growth phase
- Professional and technical learning from the ANZ Senior Data Engineer and the larger HelloFresh Data Team
- Company discount - 70% off HelloFresh boxes
- Flexible working arrangements and a hybrid working environment
- Egoless environment, constant learning with room for personal growth
- Free access to Headspace
- HelloFresh Academies - monthly internal learning & development
- A diverse and vibrant international environment, with offices in 18 countries
Start date: Immediately - Can wait notice period
Duration: Full time role. You must have the right to work full-time in Australia.
Location: Chippendale Head Office - with the option to work partly from home.