Sanitation Lead, 2nd Shift
The Sanitation Lead coordinates activities of and provides coaching and guidance to workers on the Sanitation team. The Sanitation Lead works alongside and with the team, stepping in as needed to ensure maximum productivity. The Lead is responsible for following and enforcing all safety, GMP and SQF policies/procedures, as well as adherence to PPE/hygiene policies, in cooperation with the supervisor.
- Oversees and performs typical sanitation tasks to support the production team and the entire facility up to and including removing waste and debris, transporting empty boxes to compactors, monitoring outside of facility for waste and debris, sanitizing equipment and floors at end of shifts, cleaning and sanitizing tools and receptacles and other custodial functions as needed.
- Coach all employees to follow policies and procedures
- Support the production department by cleaning and preparing for next shift
- Occasionally required to communicate with other departments, such as Quality or Production, to collaborate and solve problems
- Respectfully support and follow direction from supervisor or management and complete tasks with minimum supervision.
- Responsible for following standard operating procedures (safety, GMP AND SQF policies /procedures, PPE / hygiene policies)
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Performs routine sanitation equipment maintenance to ensure equipment functions properly
- Reports all food safety sanitation issues to an immediate supervisor
Required knowledge, skills, abilities
- Leadership and fostering team cooperation for a large group of employees
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Sheets preferred
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments while meeting deadlines
- Ability to adapt to Factor_ programs and procedure
- Food manufacturing experience
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a manufacturing and assembly environment and is regularly exposed to cool and/or cold temperatures (10º - 40º). The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for a minimum of 10 to 12 hours with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee is required to use hands to handle objects and/or tools. The employee is required to talk or hear with or without reasonable accommodation. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are varied according to shift. There are occasions where overtime is required based upon operational needs. The Sanitation Lead is expected to work the hours it takes to finish assignments each day.
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.