A Staff Engineer at HelloFresh is an engineering leader.. They work within a tribe to solve highly unique, ambiguous and complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices while understanding the appropriate trade-offs. A Staff Engineer thinks in terms of workflows, streams, business value, technology strategy, and domain architecture, not just code. They are generally proficient in a broad range of technologies and know when it is appropriate to use them (and when it is not).
We are looking for an experienced professional who is passionate about their craft, is creative at solving problems and not afraid to challenge the status quo. They have the ambition to challenge themselves and to develop themselves as well as others around them. They have a growth-mindset, are adaptable, with a strong track record of innovation, including solving engineering problems at scale.
- Work to proactively improve the consistency and integration between services in your team’s software and across domains.
- Influence your team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approach.
- Take the lead in identifying and solving architecture deficiencies or areas where your team’s software bottlenecks the innovation of other teams.
- Lead design reviews for your team and actively participate in design reviews of related software or other team software.
- Heavily influence the design and write a significant portion of “critical-path” code for proposed solution.
- Work daily in a collaborative way by pair/mob programming, discovery workshops, technical spikes, katas, and code reviews.
- Ensure the upholding of high standards in engineering practices, across all domains (quality, reliability, scalability, customer focus, etc.)
- Use agile methodologies, DevOps, and continuous delivery practices to deliver incremental and continuous business value.
- Continuously improve your craft by applying various software engineering best practices and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Help your team evolve by applying a continuous improvement mindset to the code review process, design discussions, team planning, retrospectives and ticket/metric/RCA reviews
- Mentor and grow other engineers on the team through coaching and group exercises.
- Helped your team to build great products while ensuring engineering excellence.
- Relentless focus and drive to improve software quality, reliability, and reduce complexity.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels including non-technical people.
- Experience in end-to-end agile software development and delivery process.
- Solid exposure to micro-services and distributed system architectures, using Docker and Kubernetes as for container orchestration
- Experience in rolling out CI/CD implementations for frequent and incremental deliveries at a tribe level
- Significant DevOps and AWS experience are, with knowledge of Terraform highly desirable.
- Prior experience in domain-driven design & event-driven architecture is desirable.
- Logistics and/ or supply chain management experience is not essential but will be looked upon favourably.
What awaits you...
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in an exciting growth phase
- Growth opportunity in a large global engineering organisation (1000+ engineers)
- A supportive engineering and team culture
- Generous annual personal learning and development budget
- Flexible working arrangements
- Perks such as a significant reduction on our meal kits, 70% off from your first day
Location: Australia, with expectations to travel to Sydney Chippendale office quarterly
Start Date: ASAP - can wait a notice period
Permanent, Full Time Role