Staff Data Engineer (f/m/x)
As a Staff Data Engineer, you will be responsible for spreading best data engineering practices within the organization and in the team. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging data-related problems and to have a great impact on the organization. If you'd like to know more about our Data team and the current Data Mesh architecture we are building, please watch our team's talk here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajgmjWevOoY&t=2473s
What you’ll do
- Supporting us with moving to a data mesh architecture
- Defining standard working methods and processes to be respected by all chapter members, e.g., best practices in developing data pipelines, data architectures, testing, and deploying changes, documentation standards
- Enabling quick and accurate decision-making within the teams by facilitating discussions
- Creating and coordinating communities
- Coaching and mentoring data engineers in order to support their growth
- Setting and spreading best practices for Data Engineering across the organization
- Providing solutions for complex business problems, enabling insights that can empower better decision-making
- Collaborating with our Senior Director of Data on strategic projects
What you’ll bring
- You are a strong data engineer having worked with Kafka, the Hadoop Ecosystem (Hadoop, Kafka, Spark), with cloud based services (AWS S3, EMR, Glue) and with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS).
- You bring hands-on experience in creating and managing an enterprise-scale Data Platform, while setting best practices for security, privacy, monitoring & alerting, and CI/CD (ideally, e.g., Azure, Prometheus, AlertManager, Grafana, Jenkins, Concourse, Airflow, Tableau, Alation)
- You have coached and mentored team members in previous roles
- You leverage data to prioritize your work and to influence others
- You have managed senior stakeholders in complex organizations and in changing environments
- You are willing to implement change and improvements when seeing an opportunity
What we offer
- Comprehensive relocation assistance to move to Berlin plus visa application support
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning and development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse and vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations and earliest starting date.
After submitting an application our team will review this and get back to you within 5 business days.
For insight into our interview process take a look at our recent post here.