Field Network Technician
Roosevelt, UT, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Crusoe Energy is on a mission to unlock value in stranded energy resources through the power of computation.
Take a look at what we do! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlt8k71Quqw
We aim to align the long term interests of the climate with the future of global computing infrastructure. As data centers consume an exponentially growing power footprint to deliver technology to all connected devices, we are inspired by making sure that the energy meeting that demand is sourced in an environmentally responsible fashion. Crusoe co-locates mobile data centers with stranded energy resources, like flare gas and underloaded renewables, to deliver low-cost, carbon-negative distributed computing solutions. Crusoe Cloud is a managed cloud services platform powered by stranded energy that enables climate-friendly innovation in computationally intensive fields including artificial intelligence, graphics rendering and computational biology.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for installing, decommissioning and troubleshooting network equipment and circuits. This includes fiber, cables, switches, servers, firewalls, microwave equipment, transport equipment and other critical equipment. You’ll manage the data center and outside plant networks on our Digital Flare Mitigation sites, including metro and long haul fibers. There will be opportunity for hands-on and formal training to improve and expand your skills.
A Day in the Life:
- Install, provision, configure, test, and maintain servers, routers, switches, and other hardware
- Liaise with telecommunication vendors at NOC level for commissioning Ethernet PtP services, Internet Access, and dark fiber circuits
- Monitor devices using provided tools, respond to alerts, and configure monitoring for new devices
- Assist in installation and maintenance of the microwave network
- Prepare and install custom cables and fibers
- Prepare and update system documentation
- Responsible for asset management: process deliveries and replenish consumables. Coordinate shipping and receiving of materials
- Operate and maintain tools, multimeters, network test sets, AC and DC power equipment, fiber optic cable locating equipment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair our core network. Removes and replaces defective equipment, tracks spares and ensures repair
- Perform preventive/scheduled maintenance and inspections on equipment and on the critical infrastructure including, but not limited to: HVAC systems and DC Power Plants
- Install, test and turn up of circuits
- Maintain site security, organization and cleanliness
- 24 hour On-call on a rotational basis, and overtime as required as dictated by the business.
You Will Thrive In This Role If:
- 2+ years’ experience working on installation, test, and turn-up of a variety of network equipment
- Strong hands-on technical background with experience on computer and network gear, support infrastructure (HVAC systems, electrical systems, etc.), as well as knowledge of locating fiber optic cable, right-of-way, and As-Builts.
- Experience working on oil & gas drilling sites is a major plus.
- Must have strong PC skills and be well versed in Microsoft Windows
- Linux command line configuration knowledge and experience
- Scripting knowledge such as Bash or Python is a plus
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills
- Willing to travel 10-20% where Crusoe operates (North Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Texas, California)
- Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record (MVR)
- Reliable transportation to travel when necessary
- All job offers are contingent upon receiving a negative drug/alcohol test. This position is subject to random drug testing
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Embody the Company values
- Industry competitive pay
- Restricted Stock Units in a fast growing, well-funded technology company
- Health insurance package options that include HDHP and PPO, vision, and dental for you and your dependents
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Pet-friendly offices
- 401(k) with a 100% match up to 4% of salary
- Unlimited time off
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Subscription to the Calm app
- NYDIG - Bitcoin Savings Plan
- Company paid commuter benefit; $100 per month
Crusoe Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
See more open positions at Crusoe
Something looks off?