Field Operations Technician
Williston, ND, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Crusoe Energy is on a mission to unlock value in stranded energy resources through the power of computation.
Take a look at what we do! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlt8k71Quqw
We aim to align the long term interests of the climate with the future of global computing infrastructure. As data centers consume an exponentially growing power footprint to deliver technology to all connected devices, we are inspired by making sure that the energy meeting that demand is sourced in an environmentally responsible fashion. Crusoe co-locates mobile data centers with stranded energy resources, like flare gas and underloaded renewables, to deliver low-cost, carbon-negative distributed computing solutions. Crusoe Cloud is a managed cloud services platform powered by stranded energy that enables climate-friendly innovation in computationally intensive fields including artificial intelligence, graphics rendering and computational biology.
We are looking for people to deploy, repair and maintain our data centers in the oil field.
A Day in the Life:
- Responsible for the safe operations and maintenance of the Company’s digital flare mitigation units and gas-fired reciprocating equipment
- Install computer equipment by connecting multiple units to the network on an oil pad
- Work with the Field Operations and Site Manager to make sure that the Company’s mobile data centers are operating correctly, focusing on optimizing the run time of the units
- Develop and manage collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues and increase productivity
- Partner with the network engineering team to troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Coordinate with the Field Operations and Site Manager to establish your schedule awareness
- Work no more than 40 hours per week, unless otherwise directed in writing by the Company’s Field Operations and Site Manager
- Perform other duties assigned to you by the Company
You Will Thrive In This Role If:
- Experience working in the oil and gas industry in a field based position
- Electronics or IT background preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, and bend
- Sufficient manual dexterity
- Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record (MVR)
- Reliable transportation to travel when necessary
- All job offers are contingent upon receiving a negative drug/alcohol test. This position is subject to random drug testing
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Embody the Company values
- Industry competitive pay
- Restricted Stock Units in a fast growing, well-funded technology company
- Health insurance package options that include HDHP and PPO, vision, and dental for you and your dependents
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k) with a 100% match up to 4% of salary
- Unlimited time off
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Subscription to the Calm app
- NYDIG - Bitcoin Savings Plan
- Compensation will be paid in the range of $25-$31/hr and will include Restricted Stock Units. Hourly rate to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal pay and alignment with market data.
Crusoe Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
See more open positions at Crusoe
Something looks off?