Senior Software Engineer (Ruby/React)
Who We Are:
CirrusMD is a different kind of telemedicine company. In less than a minute, patients reach a live, licensed physician and conduct a care encounter at their pace and convenience. Available 24/7/365, CirrusMD’s integrated care is delivered via multispecialty, board-certified doctors who can treat a broad range of conditions, from acute to chronic, primary care to specialty areas, including behavioral health. CirrusMD is available to 10 million users across all 50 states, and exclusively offered through employers and health plans. Learn how CirrusMD is transforming virtual care: https://www.cirrusmd.com
Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer with Ruby expertise to join our engineering team to contribute to our mission of redefining the healthcare experience for patients and providers. You’ll be responsible for delivering high value products and end-user experiences while improving yourself and those around you each day. You will be part of our platform team that is focused on delivering our APIs and frontend application.
We are an engineering driven organization and our tech stack includes modern versions of Ruby, Rails, React, React Native & Native Mobile, Typescript, and AWS with some Python, Go and other technologies mixed in. We leverage elements of Shape Up and scrum in our product development process. A career with CirrusMD is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt the healthcare industry and greatly impact millions of lives by enhancing our platform.
What You’ll Accomplish:
- Build performant APIs and end user experiences
- A reputation for reliably delivering well considered, well tested and performant code product(s)
- Contributions to our evolving development and testing standards and best practices
- High collaboration with Design + Product ensuring balanced code complexity and UX
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years of experience shipping full stack features using Ruby on Rails
- Experience designing REST APIs
- Proficiency with modern developer workflows and tools (Git/Github, CI, etc)
- Experience writing tests for your code at all layers (Rspec/Jest/Cypress)
- Solid understanding of foundational software design patterns
- Your philosophy aligns with Agile methodologies and processes
- Significant experience giving and receiving feedback in code reviews
- Confidence pairing with other engineers
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Craftsperson tendencies taking significant pride in both the process and the outcomes of your work
- Strong command of SQL and experience optimizing query and application performance
- Knowledge of static typing using TypeScript
- Experience with Apollo GraphQL
- You firmly understand how to be a successful team player
- Strong engagement within the Ruby and/or JS ecosystems
- Proficiency with Go or Python
- 30 minute initial conversation with the Engineering Manager.
- Ruby on Rails take home assessment. We ask that you limit yourself only spend 3-4 hours on this assignment, and return within 1 week.
- Technical and Team Interview. Here we will review your take home assessment and give you a chance to meet members of the team.
- Assessment and interview with a professional coach to ensure organizational alignment with your career goals.
Why Work at CirrusMD?
Make a lasting impact in healthcare! Recognized as a top place to work by BuiltIn CO, CirrusMD is paving the way to a better healthcare future and our work truly matters. We are enabling easier access to healthcare for millions of people. You’ll have a chance to make real contributions to the health and wellness of our communities. Telehealth is one of the fastest growing industries and now, more than ever, there is unlimited opportunity to take charge & shape your career at CirrusMD. We take the health and happiness of our employees seriously and offer outstanding benefits including:
- Company funded & deeply subsidized benefit options for you and your family that begin day 1
- Work life balance with our responsible Unlimited PTO / Vacation program
- 401(K) + match & stock options
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Remote first (with the option to work out of our Denver HQ)
- Growth opportunity
- A positive, collaborative and diverse culture
- Social events onsite & remote
- Free, unlimited access to our chat based platform
If you are looking to make a lasting impact where your voice matters, consider joining our team.
The base salary range for this position is $150,000-175,000/year. Actual pay may vary based on job-related skills, qualifications, certifications, experience and location. This role may also be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to equity incentives and a comprehensive benefits package.
CirrusMD is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our employees, users, and customers. We strive to deliver products and services that work for everyone by including perspectives from backgrounds that vary by race, ethnicity, social background, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin.
Notice to recruiters and placement agencies: If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit résumés to any person or email address at CirrusMD prior to having a signed agreement with Human Resources. CirrusMD is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Also, any résumés sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to CirrusMD and may be forwarded to our Talent Acquisition team.