Sr. Contracts Administrator
Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT) is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future.
Position Purpose: The Sr. Contracts Administrator will manage negotiate and administer customer requests for proposals and contract documents relating to projects. You will be responsible for a portfolio of complex multiyear contracts that include US Government contracts and domestic and international commercial contracts. You will interface with customers during the pursuit of new business and contract execution phases. This role advises program management and leadership in carrying out the terms of the contract, implementing solutions to mitigate contractual/program risks and works with the customer and contracts manager as needed to drive contractual issues to closure. This position requires the ability to multi-task while working in a challenging fast-paced environment. You will train, coach, and mentor junior contract administrators.
Title: Sr. Contracts Administrator
Position Type: Full Time (Exempt)
Pay Range: $75,000-$150,000
(Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
Location: Lafayette, CO
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective the first of the month following hire date
- Life insurance
- 401k (matching 4% with a minimum 5% contribution
- Generous PTO (3 weeks of vacation + 3 floating holidays, 2 weeks of sick time, 7 paid holidays throughout the year) and parental leave.
- Perform in-depth review of customer requests for proposals and requirements ensuring price reasonableness and integration of appropriate terms prior to submitting proposals to customers
- Responsible for reviewing, redlining, negotiating, and executing complex contracts, nondisclosure and teaming agreements, ensuring negotiated terms and conditions comply with company policies
- Maintain contract file throughout the contract lifecycle
- Write complex letters that communicate a business position effectively
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, government specifications, and other requirements, communicating and coordinating with quality, supply chain, and other functional areas as needed
- Interpret and ensure compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and other applicable regulations.
- Timely communication of contract information and issue resolution with appropriate parties
- Interface with internal/external customers on contractual matters
- Professionally represent Blue Canyon Technologies on contractual transactions and work closely with a variety of customers, including international, DoD, NASA, and federal agency customers
- Liaison with outside agencies, other funding sources, as well as corporate attorneys and other personnel, and BCT leadership
- Work closely with accounting, program management, and other professionals to resolve issues related to contract provisions
- May include personnel management responsibilities
- 10 or more years of experience in the appropriate discipline
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, or related field
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Expert knowledge of the FAR/DFARS and experience administering government and commercial contracts/subcontracts
- Extensive experience with fixed price, cost reimbursable, award fee and incentive fee contracts
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent organization, analytical and critical thinking skills
- The ability to obtain and maintain a clearance.
This job operates in a professional office environment, but in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site for two or more days per work week.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Melissa Po at 720-450-8252 or HR@bluecanyontech.com.