Test Lead - Emphasis on Electrical Test
Blue Canyon Technologies (BCT), a subsidiary of Raytheon Technologies, is leading the way in the New Space revolution! Our state-of-the-art systems are currently on missions from low Earth orbit to the Moon, near earth asteroids, and to Mars. We create high-reliability spacecraft with significantly greater performance, much smaller size and at a fraction of the cost of traditional space systems. We are involved in a wide range of projects for academic, commercial, and government applications. Join our innovative and dynamic company, as we build the small spacecraft of the future.
Position Purpose: The Test Lead has the responsibility of supporting test engineering tasks associated with the development, qualification, and acceptance testing efforts of spacecraft, spacecraft components, mechanisms and ADCS systems. This engineer would be working in a team environment, sometimes with remote team members, engaging in test and support of flight spacecraft electronics. Development work will span test procedure development, writing and reviewing other’s automated test scripts, test equipment design, and executing tests using aerospace standard approaches. Other responsibilities include data review and sign off, as well as mentorship and training to peers. This engineer has vast experience with test engineering best practices and applies those to testing, troubleshooting, debugging, and development. This position may or may not have direct reports.
Title: Test Lead - Emphasis on Electrical Test
Position Type: Full Time
Pay Range: $105,000-$175,000
(Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
Location: Lafayette, CO
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision benefits for you and your dependents effective the first of the month following hire date
- Life insurance
- 401k (matching 4% with a minimum 5% contribution)
- Generous PTO (3 weeks of vacation + 3 floating holidays, 2 weeks of sick time, 7 paid holidays throughout the year) and parental leave
- Work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Lead the integration and test of spacecraft, spacecraft components and ADCS systems.
- Write, review, update, and implement test procedures.
- Develop and modify test scripts.
- Use test and measurement equipment to test and troubleshoot hardware.
- Maintain required test engineering logs and records.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company.
- Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Use various testing equipment, standards, and methodologies to support verification and validation of systems.
- Prepare complex and professional test plans, test procedures, and test reports to demonstrate compliance to system requirements.
- Read schematics, follow test procedures, and use logical troubleshooting techniques.
- Maintain lab spaces to include test bench setup and ordering supplies or equipment.
- Ensure equipment is in safe, working order and in valid calibration.
- Participate in Data Review to include EIDP creation and unit shipper sign-off
- Ensure all test procedures and operations follow best practices throughout product lines.
- Provide mentorship and guidance for team.
- Assist with prioritization of work out to team.
- May or may not have direct reports.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Test Engineering or a related field
- Demonstrated experience mentoring other test engineers or technicians
- Experience with hardware testing using oscilloscopes, multimeters and logic analyzers
- Experience with writing and executing manual and/or automated test procedures (COSMOS, PRIDE, etc.)
- Experience with programming languages such as Matlab, Ruby (COSMOS), and/or Python or similar
- Ability to work independently with some direction and to be a self-starter
- Experience with component/spacecraft level system integration and test
- Thorough understanding of engineering principles and practices
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- Experience with EGSE design is desired
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education
This job operates in a professional office environment, but in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines. This job operates in a professional laboratory environment in a manufacturing company. This
role uses standard laboratory and manufacturing equipment such as computers, electronics test
equipment, microscopes, various hand-held tools, and associated office equipment while adhering to safety guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected factor. Blue Canyon Technologies is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Melissa Po at 720-450-8252 or HR@bluecanyontech.com.