Director of Media Sales
Bigger Pockets is the leading resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer tools, content and a community of 2,000,000 members to help people avoid mistakes, learn valuable tips, find partners, deals, financing, and make the best investment decisions.
Our mission at Bigger Pockets is to help people achieve financial freedom through real estate investing. Since 2004, we’ve helped investors get their first (or next) deal through a unique community combination of immersive education, deal analysis tools, and a supportive community!
BiggerPockets is looking for a results-driven Director of Media Sales to execute and refine our current podcast and affiliate sales strategy and significantly expand our stable of partners. Reporting to the General Manager of Media, this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to grow with a company and have the autonomy to build an effective sales program for some of the most popular real estate and business podcasts available.
About the role:
BiggerPockets is seeking an experienced Director of Sales to lead our media sales team. The Director of Sales will be responsible for exceeding team revenue targets and partnering internally and externally to achieve performance targets for customers. The ideal candidate is a proven leader, excels at supporting diverse needs in a remote environment, analytical and detail oriented and has experience podcast advertising.
- Grow existing and new advertising revenue across the BiggerPockets media network
- Develop and execute a sales strategies that exceed monthly revenue targets
- Actively sell alongside team of Account Executives and SDRs
- Work within annual budget targets to assign quarterly team revenue goals
- Design incentive structures and sales contests to continue acceleration of BiggerPockets media revenue
- Lead advertising operations including podcast inventory forecasting, fulfillment and reporting
- Articulate the distinct aspects of the BiggerPockets suite of advertising products
- Knowledge of how to develop customer focused, differentiated brand and performance media products
- Develop category specific pipelines in the real estate and lifestyle categories
- Assist in development of new media products in concert with cross functional teams including product, marketing, finance and exec leadership
- Accurately project team revenue in partnership with our finance team
- Manage accurate distribution of monthly team commissions in partnership with finance
- 8+ years of digital advertising sales, podcast sales a big plus
- 3+ years of leadership experience with a focus on media sales and operations
- Multimedia sales experience, including audio, video, social media, print, display, email, and radio/broadcast is a must have
- Deep experience with omni channel campaign management
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record of success in sales
- Proficiency in HubSpot, Megaphone (or Similar podcast ad server) and YouTube
- Communication and negotiation expertise
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Strong relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to derive insights from data.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to identify opportunities for account growth and optimization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote team where detailed asynchronous is valued equally to ad hoc huddles via video
- Familiarity with the real estate investing industry or community is a plus
- Remote - United States
- Preferred - Denver, CO
- The base salary range for this role is $100,000 - $140,000, based on experience
- This role is eligible for a 40-50% annual bonus based on sales performance
Bigger Pockets is proud to be an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ+ employer.
- We celebrate, support and encourage being different for the benefit of our team members and community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, veteran status or other non-merit factors.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. All employment offers are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.