Senior Software Engineer
BiggerPockets is on a mission to help individuals achieve financial freedom through real estate investing. We've been at the forefront of helping investors achieve their goals since 2004, offering immersive education, deal analysis tools, and a thriving community of over 2 million members.
About The Team
In the world of real estate, finding professionals who truly grasp the needs of investors can be challenging. That's where the Marketplace team steps in. With our real estate investing expertise, we’re crafting specialized experiences that connect investors with the professionals they need to be successful. Join this rapidly growing team with a track record of excellence and help real estate investors chart their path to financial freedom.
About The Role
We're in search of a Senior Software Engineer with a proven track record, ready to drive high-impact projects that redefine how real estate investors assemble their real estate dream teams.
You're not just a Rails expert. You are a seasoned engineer with strong system design skills and a history of bringing products to life. Your expertise extends throughout the entire stack, from backend to frontend.
Additionally, remote work is your comfort zone, and you're based in the U.S. to ensure time zone alignment with our team. You exhibit a strong sense of initiative and ownership.
- Scoping and building: Bring new features and products to life.
- Technical excellence: Keep our codebase healthy by paying down technical debt.
- Full-stack mastery: Work across the entire stack, from frontend to backend.
- Polish and optimize: Enhance existing features. Make performance improvements.
- Collaboration: Engage in pair programming and contribute via pull requests.
- Architecting solutions: Collaborate on high-level architecture for impactful solutions.
- Championing simplicity: Propose, champion, and drive clarity and simplicity in projects.
- Mentoring and culture: Contribute to peers' growth and help shape a healthy and impactful team culture.
- Experience: A minimum of 6 years in professional software development.
- Frontend proficiency: Skilled with front-end tools, particularly StimulusJS and TailwindCSS, or similar.
- Testing mastery: Proven ability to write unit and acceptance-level tests for Rails applications.
- Database expertise: Deep familiarity with relational databases, especially Postgres, and a knack for database design.
- In-memory stores: Experience with in-memory data stores like Redis.
- Product mindset: A strong product development orientation and a grasp of product design principles.
Nice To Haves
- Product Development: A mindset in sync with product development principles, where you see beyond code and understand the holistic product vision.
- Continuous Learning and Growth: An enthusiasm for expanding your horizons, especially in the realm of operational excellence and the dynamic world of real estate investing.
- Salary range: $130,000 - $170,000. Depending on experience.
- 10% bonus potential based on company and personal performance.
BiggerPockets is Proud to be an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ+ Employer
- We celebrate, support, and encourage being different for the benefit of our team members and community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, veteran status or other non-merit factor.
- We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. All employment offers are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.