Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
Denver, CO - We are looking for an Inventory & Materials Manager to help maintain and optimize inventory, improve costing tools, and drive meaningful Operational and Financial decisions across the organization. This role will report into the Director of Operations. The focus of this role will be to optimize costs through margin analysis and benchmarking, own inventory buying execution, and identify areas of opportunity supported by data-backed decision-making. This position should be filled by someone detail-oriented with a strong background in operations with advanced critical thinking skills.
- Inventory Management & Analysis:
- Ownership of full-cycle inventory process with the support of Buyer/Planner to optimize inventory turns, delivery frequency, and inventory management by vendors.
- Management of cash flow inventory planning with the support of the Director of Operations and Operations Coordinator.
- Execution of demand plan provided by Category Manager with support from the Operations Coordinator.
- Optimization of vendor inventory processes with Logistics & Operations Manager.
- Partner with the Strategic Sourcing and Category Managers to ensure alignment on forecasted buys for new, optimized, and existing products.
- Build out detailed forecasts on product options (colors, sizes, etc) to inform vendor-owned inventory decisions.
- Optimization of costing through Google Docs, Snowflake, and Looker by implementing processes to audit invoices, identify costing gaps in data, and resource outside professionals or tools to improve cost management systems.
- Management of yearly standard cost updates with support from the Operations Coordinator.
- Management of full-cycle costing processes with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Point of contact for all margin analysis and costing troubleshooting.
- Stakeholder and partner in new product costing and negotiation with our vendors in tandem with the Strategic Sourcing Manager.
- Operations Analytics & Operational Key Results (OKRs):
- Monthly margin analysis on both product and shipping costs to identify areas of opportunity for improvement in either costing, pricing, or vendor/supplier negotiations
- Building of dashboards in Looker to inform the organization, ELTs, and Operational managers of KPI
- Creation and management of OKRs and KPIs in Looker to guide team on opportunities for improvements in the areas of: Sourcing, Costing, Shipping, and Forecasting
- Creation of reporting to support one and five-year Strategic Plan
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business Administration, Finance, or commensurate experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with inventory and materials management
- Desire to keep learning and developing within a high-growth environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and flexibility
- Ability to present data clearly and concisely and ultimately the ability to make quick and informed decisions based on that data
- Passion for working in a high-growth environment and fostering positive relationships cross-functionally in a small organization
- Desire to grow along with the Artifact Uprising team in a management capacity
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with Finance and Operations teams to drive improvements through critical thinking
- Proficient in MS Excel and Google sheetsExperience with SQL tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
Artifact Uprising® is a Colorado-based company that creates premium quality, customizable photo goods for your digital photos. Driven by the mission to empower people to tell their stories effortlessly, beautifully and often, the company is known for elevated design and thoughtfully sourced materials. Signature products include the Layflat Album touting ultra-thick pages and foil-stamped covers, textured matte Everyday Prints, and a line of customizable frames.
Artifact Uprising was recently named on the Built In Colorado’s 2024 Best Places to Work list. We are a tight-knit team who works with some of the latest technology to delight and inspire our customers.
Industry leading health, vision and dental insurance for families (Plans cover 100% for employees and up to 95% for dependents), flexible vacation policy, Gym partnership with ClassPass, 401(k) matching plan, Year-End Company Bonus Plan.
Why Artifact Uprising?
Creative Freedom We value the creative process and look to our employees to speak into Artifact Uprising products, identity and approach – regardless of position or title. We look for driven people who demonstrate initiative to take the company to the next level.
The Working Life
We strive to create a workplace where everyone works hard but also has the flexibility and balance to enjoy life outside of the office.
It Won’t Be Boring
We are a small company with big ideas - and we recognize it will take every last one of us to reinvent the way brands approach business. We believe a good workplace empowers its team to rise to new challenges, expand their skill sets and think outside of the box. Through this, we foster a company culture that is always growing, always reaching, and always looking to see things differently.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at Artifact Uprising and what we should know about you.
Artifact Uprising is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.