Director of Legal & Compliance / Director of Spain
Posted on Monday, January 15, 2024
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve AirDNA platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
At AirDNA, we’re a team of data enthusiasts on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses. And we’re on the hunt for a team lead who can take an agile approach to help us build sophisticated and scalable acquisition strategies. In short: Life is never boring here. And we genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry and Honest. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
AirDNA is looking a legal expert, the Director of Legal & Compliance (DLC) / Director of Spain (DOS) works to ensure that all operations (US and Spain) comply with governmental regulations and industry-specific requirements. The DLC has a solid understanding of our business and offers valuable advice that considers both business and legal perspectives. As the Director of Spain (DOS), you will get to oversee the Spanish office operations and act as the local legal authorization.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Present compliance materials to prospective customers as part of the information security process.
- Ensure company's compliance with applicable legal & regulatory frameworks. Key areas of compliance include: GDPR, CCPA/CPRA, CPA, VCDPA, NYPA, CTDPA.
- Balance compliance requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of the company.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and enhance our company’s contract templates and serve as a critical resource in keeping contract policies, procedures, and training materials current.
- Director of Spain:
- Liaise with tax, finance and sales to ensure tax compliance and compliance with EU/Spanish law.
- Act as legal authorized signer for any legal paperwork, including employment agreements, termination agreements, etc.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Full proficiency in Spanish and English both verbal and written
- University degree in Law, Business Administration, or a related field
- US Juris Doctorate is required and admission to 1 US state
- 7+ years of experience in a senior compliance management role
- Experience working with US, UK and Spanish law and regulations
- Exceptional attention to detail and understanding the overall picture
- Integrity and accountability is essential to ensure strict adherence to laws, regulations, and ethical standards
- Prioritization skills for time management and resources
- Understanding of SaaS technology and data scraping
- Competitive Salary
- 62 days per year to work from anywhere!
- 36 holidays per year
- Four remote flexible weeks
- Health insurance with Sanitas (Vision + Dental included)
- Continuing education stipend
- Cobee card available for public transport, daycare, restaurants and health insurance
- Individual growth plan to progress in the role
- A fun and sunny office with big terraces
- Talented international team and a vibrant work environment
- Bottom-up management: we listen to your ideas and implement them
- Team building events
- Dog friendly office!
- First stage: Virtual interview with the Chief of Staff / Director of Spain (Online-30min)
- Second stage: Online interview with out legal expert, Mark Stignani (15min)
- Third stage: Meeting with our SVP of Sales (45min)
- Final stage: Online interview with our CEO, Demi Horvat (45min)
Ideal start date: Q1
The AirDNA Team
We're a tight-knit group who care about empowering the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day.
At AirDNA, we believe that a diverse team is a key part of building a great company. If you want to work with us, we want to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Applicants.