Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve AirDNA platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
At AirDNA, we’re a team on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses and we’re on the hunt for an Account Executive with a proven track record of hunting for and winning new customers to help get our ROI delivering tools into the hands of more businesses. In short: Life is never boring here. We genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry and Honest. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
AirDNA is looking for an Account Executive to sell to net new customers.. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying, sourcing, qualifying, and closing new opportunities.
Your hunting ground will be the world with a focus on North America and EMEA and targets include relevant and large tourism operators (VRMs, DMOs, etc) and financial institutions.
You’ll report to an AE Team Leader who in turn reports to the Director of New Business and work in close partnership with Business Development Reps (BDR) and Account Managers (AM). In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in EMEA. We push each other to be our absolute best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- End to end ownership of identifying, creating, developing, negotiating, and closing high-value opportunities positioning our data solutions to Enterprise Customers.
- Using our world-class solutions to help customers make data driven decisions.
- Own the entire commercial engagement including prospecting, outbounding, discovery, demonstrating our tools, proposal development, pricing strategy, negotiation and closing.
- Align with the BDRs on the best outbound strategy.
- Work with internal teams in a collaborative manner to execute account-specific sales strategies and also to ensure smooth onboarding of the customers.
- Keep up-to-date records of Activities, Opportunities, and Accounts in our CRM.
- Work diligently with cross-functional teams in Product, Marketing, Support, and Operations to design mutually beneficial contracts to address customer requirements and balance the needs of our business.
- Be responsible for building and maintaining sufficient pipeline coverage.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- 2+ years B2B sales within SaaS industry (hospitality/tourism industry experience a plus).
- Outbound experienced required as it is a large part of the role (100% hunter, no farming).
- Self-starter, you are intrinsically motivated to achieve your goals.
- Full proficiency in English both verbal and written (additional languages are a plus).
- Familiar with using sales tools.
- Experience with sales methodologies such as MEDDPICC, Spin, Challenger, etc will be considered a plus.
- Building and maintaining sufficient pipeline coverage (cold calling experience).
- Understanding of data and how it helps businesses make better decisions
- Experience creating pricing proposals, negotiating terms, and managing the contract process.
- Experienced working with high-velocity deals (2 weeks-3 months).
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive Salary: OTE 70,000 - 100,000 euros + uncapped commissions
- 62 days per year to work from anywhere!
- 4 remote flexible weeks
- 36 holidays per year
- Health insurance with Sanitas (Vision + Dental included)
- Continuing education stipend
- Cobee card available for public transport, daycare, restaurants and health insurance
- Individual growth plan to progress in the role
- A fun and sunny office with big terraces
- Talented international team and a vibrant work environment
- Bottom-up management: we listen to your ideas and implement them
- Team building events
- Dog friendly office!
- First stage: Interview with the People Team at AirDNA (Online-30min)
- Second stage: Meeting with our SVP of Sales (Flexible onsite/online-60min)
- Third stage: Onsite meeting and role play with Peers and Team Lead (1hour 40min)
- Final stage: Panel Interview with our SVP of Sales and Peers (Onsite - 1 hour 15min)
- Ideal start date: January 8th 2024
The AirDNA Team
We're a tight-knit group who care about empowering the next generation of shared economy entrepreneurs. Life is never boring here. We're risk takers. We care about each other and lend helping hands all day, every day.
At AirDNA, we believe that a diverse team is a key part of building a great company. If you want to work with us, we want to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Applicants.