Senior Product Manager
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
At AirDNA, we’re a team of data nerds on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses. And we're looking for people with a broad range of experiences and perspectives, who are excited by our mission, values, and drive to change the short-term rental market. In short: Life is never boring here. And we genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry and Honest. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will work closely with our customers and internal teams to deliver new features across our numerous product lines, including our self service platform, our enterprise data feeds & APIs.
This role will report to the Director of Product and also work closely with the product and engineering teams to evaluate and prioritize key roadmap initiatives while maintaining requirements for our engineering team to execute and deliver upon.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Gather requirements from stakeholders and clearly articulate the vision for each product release
- Regularly make product decisions that consider both market needs and technical tradeoffs
- Translate prioritized initiatives in our product roadmap into detailed requirements for our engineering team to implement
- Help ship product updates for our various products from ideation, scoping, testing, and tracking standpoint
- Provide feature prioritization and product expertise for development team sprints, including day-to-day maintenance of the Jira backlog
- Evaluate the success of product feature releases post-launch via both quantitative (e.g. site tracking analytics) and qualitative (e.g. user feedback) data
- Initiate and maintain relationships with cross-functional internal teams and external customers to understand user needs and prioritize features within the product roadmap
- Collaborate with Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales to create compelling and informative messaging
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- 3+ years of software product management, program management, or similar experience working closely with high functioning engineering teams
- Familiarity with Agile or similar project management methodologies
- Experience in a data-focused role (SQL knowledge, familiarity with data pipelines, web development, event analytics)
- Experience working with and designing product APIs for external customer use
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate and coordinate effectively between teammates of varying technical proficiency
- Must be able to anticipate, identify, and ensure resolution of possible technical and business implications of each release
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, remaining agile through change
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $130,000 - $150,000 per year.
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Hybrid work environment (50% in office, 50% remote)
- Quarterly team outings
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just three blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed in specifically for those potential hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Applicants.