Email Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Communications
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona. Our self-serve platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape. We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world. We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world. We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA team
We’re a team of data and marketing nerds on a mission to empower our customers to become short-term rental data nerds too. And we’re on the hunt for someone who will be passionate about communicating with those customers in a way that’s engaging and actionable. We genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry, and Honest. We laugh, play with dogs, build Lego succulent arrangements, and debate the sandwich-ness of a hamburger. We believe deeply that we can do our jobs better every day and can’t help but share marketing wins and fails in Slack. Above all, we ask the big and small questions and have regular crucial conversations. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
The Email Marketing Specialist plays a crucial role in the AirDNA brand experience as the most direct line of communication with our users. This role requires partnership with the marketing and product teams to develop a deep understanding of our customers' needs and pain points before purchase, as well as knowledge of our users' goals and blockers post-purchase during product adoption. This individual has direct influence over our users’ actions and should be prepared to use multiple effective email communication strategies to reach our business objectives.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Plan, implement, and optimize all email marketing campaigns, from creating a strategy based on an identified need to reporting on how that campaign made an impact.
- Ensure alignment of all email marketing with larger content strategy to support a cohesive user experience
- Concept and write all marketing email copy, from marketing blasts to product notifications.
- Drive user engagement, product adoption, and customer purchases through engaging and delightful email campaigns.
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing and design team to contribute to the larger marketing strategy.
- Partner with the internal creative team to set up A/B tests for design and messaging concepts.
- Collaborate with product marketing team to build out email campaigns for product launches to drive usage and registrations.
- Report regularly on the success of email initiatives.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- 3 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Clear and effective communication skills - instead of communicating the “what,” you can articulate the “why it matters.”
- An intuitive understanding of what makes a great email, from design and copy to audience segmentation and user behavior.
- A drive to optimize everything and a high bar standard for excellence.
- You’re a writer at heart - you write email copy that’s engaging, compelling, and succinct and are satisfied with nothing less.
- A history of executing email campaigns that deliver end results, not just opens and clicks
- Strong project management skills - the ability to plan email campaigns ahead of time to ensure the right resources are available to deliver the final result.
- Knowledge of email best practices including, subject lines, messaging, segmentation, list management, deliverability, privacy laws, and CAN-SPAM laws.
- Experience using an email automation and CRM platform (Hubspot, Marketo, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Experience with marketing analytics tools (Google Analytics, Hubspot, Adobe, etc.)
Here's what would be nice to have:
- A B2B, SaaS, real estate, or tourism background.
- Experience using Hubspot for email marketing automation, reporting, CRM management
- HubSpot Academy’s Email Marketing Certification
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $70,000 - $75,000 per year.
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Eligible for Company’s annual discretionary bonus program
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- Quarterly team outings
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just a few blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potentially hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email email@example.com. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.