Senior Data Scientist
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve MarketMinder platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
At AirDNA, we’re a team of data nerds on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses. And we’re on the hunt for a team leader who can take an agile approach to help us build sophisticated and scalable acquisition strategies. In short: Life is never boring here. And we genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry and Honest. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
As a Senior Data Scientist working on software for short-term rental hosts, you will play a key role in leveraging data-driven insights to design, develop, and maintain software solutions that enable our hosts to effectively manage their rental properties, streamline operations, optimize pricing, and deliver exceptional guest experiences. At AirDNA, models are at the heart of all of our systems. A Senior Data Scientist is responsible for setting strategies and implementing them to continuously improve our data in a fast-changing industry. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, engineers, and designers, to create user-friendly and impactful tools that empower hosts and maximize their rental business potential.
Here's what you get to do:
- Guide the strategy for creating or improving ML systems that empower short term rental hosts to make better decisions, such as, pricing optimization, dynamic inventory management, demand forecasting, guest profiling, and review sentiment analysis.
- Utilize advanced data analysis, statistical modeling, and machine learning techniques to extract actionable insights from complex and diverse datasets, including host performance data, guest behavior data, and market trends.
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and designers to define product requirements, prioritize features, and ensure the successful delivery of software tools that meet the needs of short term rental hosts.
- Develop predictive models, algorithms, and optimization techniques to empower hosts in making data-driven decisions regarding pricing strategies, occupancy rates, availability management, and revenue maximization.
- Drive the implementation and integration of data science models and algorithms within the software infrastructure, ensuring scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in data science, machine learning, and software development, and apply emerging technologies and methodologies to enhance the capabilities and impact of our software tools.
- Create and implement strategies to source and utilize short-term rental training data at scale.
- Create processes to continuously monitor and improve the performance of our models.
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelors, Master's or Ph.D. degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related quantitative field.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a Data Scientist, with a focus on software development and advanced analytics.
- Proven track record of designing, developing, and deploying successful software solutions powered by data science and analytics.
- Experience in revenue management, price optimization, time-series or forecasting is a strong plus.
- Strong expertise in programming languages such as Python, with proficiency in data manipulation and analysis libraries (e.g., Pandas, Scikit-learn, XGBoost, PyTorch or TensorFlow).
- Proficiency in SQL and database management systems.
- Expertise working with large data sets in distributed systems such as pyspark and snowflake.
- Experience in ML engineering, cloud-based deployment and model lifecycle management.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $150,000 - $175,000 per year.
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Eligible for Company’s annual discretionary bonus program
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- Quarterly team outings
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just a few blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed in specifically for those potential hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.
See more open positions at Airdna
Something looks off?