Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
AirDNA began with a big dream in a balmy California garage in 2015. Since then, the technology startup has grown into the leading provider of data and business intelligence for the billion-dollar travel and vacation rental industry—with offices in Denver and Barcelona.
Our self-serve MarketMinder platform eliminates guesswork and equips Airbnb hosts with smart and competitive insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving short-term rental landscape.
We also arm enterprise clients with customized reports and in-depth dashboards to ensure they can scale and invest strategically. These customers include hundreds of top financial institutions, real estate companies, vacation rental managers, and destination marketing organizations around the world.
We track the daily performance of over 10 million Airbnb and Vrbo properties across 120,000 global markets. We also collect data from over a million partner properties. This marriage of scraped and source data, enhanced by our proprietary algorithms, makes our solutions the most accurate and comprehensive in the world.
We’re firm believers that data isn’t the destination; it’s the starting point. The launchpad. The bedrock for any future-forward business.
The AirDNA Team
At AirDNA, we’re a team of data nerds on a mission to empower our customers to smartly grow their businesses. And we’re on the hunt for a team leader who can take an agile approach to help us build sophisticated and scalable acquisition strategies. In short: Life is never boring here. And we genuinely live and breathe our company values: Happy, Hungry and Honest. People who are ready to exemplify these values are especially encouraged to apply. We invite you to apply even if you are unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. We carefully consider every application, not just those that check off all the boxes.
AirDNA is looking for a Senior Accountant to become a key member of our growing Finance team who will help ensure the accuracy and reliability of our financial information. Reporting to the Controller, the ideal candidate is an Excel wizard with a penchant for numbers and analysis, has a deep understanding of U.S. GAAP and understands best practices when it comes to running a high functioning accounting department, and would be excited to work in a fun, energetic and dynamic environment. This is a hands-on role, with lots of great exposure and the potential for upward mobility!
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Help manage accounting operations and ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Create standard operating procedures and maintain account reconciliation processes for month-end close
- Oversee and execute month-end close activities
- Prepare GL account postings/accruals and reconciliations
- Help with accounts receivable and accounts payable activity, as needed
- Perform, analyze, and document technical accounting research to determine appropriate treatment under U.S. GAAP
- Help prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and board packages
- Partner with and support the greater organization with financial related matters
- Help maintain and optimize NetSuite
- Assist with year-end audit preparation and documentation
- We’re a growing company, ad hoc projects may arise as well!
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or similar educational attainment
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Heavy NetSuite operational experience
- U.S. GAAP knowledge & technical accounting experience
- Tech-savvy with an advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Curiosity to learn and try new things
- Solid problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- The desire to continuously find ways to improve efficiencies and streamline processes, utilizing technology where possible
Here's what would be nice to have:
- CPA or CPA eligible (strongly preferred)
- Public accounting experience
- Experience in implementing new accounting standards (e.g., ASC 606 and ASC 842)
- M&A integration experience
Here's what you can expect from us:
- Competitive cash compensation and benefits, the salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000 per year.
- Medical, dental, and vision packages to meet your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it
- Eligible for Company’s annual discretionary bonus program
- 401K with employer match up to 4%
- Commuter/RTD benefit
- Quarterly team outings
- Continuing education stipend
- Daily in-office lunch
- We have a great office located just a few blocks away from Union Station in the heart of Denver’s historic LoDo neighborhood–high ceilings, exposed brick, a fully stocked kitchen (snacks, espresso, etc.), and plenty of meeting rooms and brainstorming nooks
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- New MacBooks for employees
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed in specifically for those potential hired who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for this role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications.
AirDNA seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, education assistance and retirement.
We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, AirDNA will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to AirDNA or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request accommodation, please email email@example.com. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request.
See more open positions at Airdna
Something looks off?