Sr. HR Coordinator | Remote, USA
People & HR
Leawood, KS, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
This position can be hired remotely anywhere within the U.S.
The Senior Human Resources (HR) Coordinator will provide foundational Human Resources support for our rapidly growing Cyber Security company. Under the guidance of the Sr. Manager, Human Resources, the person will manage day-to-day HR tasks and be responsible for completing a wide variety of responsibilities to support true generalist needs of the People & Culture department.
How you'll make an impact
- Serve as first point of contact for employee questions or issues; by phone and the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) email box.
- Assist in status changes for employees in Workday.
- Lead in the administration of unemployment claims with ADP.
- Provide basic guidance to employees and managers with interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Advocate for Optiv company culture. Ensure culture is the central tenet in the choices we make, and the advice HR provides to the company in maintaining a culture of accountability and trust.
- Assist the HR Business Partner teams in the implementation of HR programs, policies, and practices by way of, data gathering, analysis and reporting.
- Responsible for pulling HR data from Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), conducting audits, and distributing reports using Microsoft Systems, HRIS, and general database and reporting management knowledge.
- Collaborate with the HRIS department to ensure team has the data necessary for both routine and ad hoc reporting, or projects to solve business challenges.
- Responsible for conducting weekly virtual New Employee Orientation and partner with Learning and Development coordinator to capture attendance in the Learning Management System.
- Partner with Talent Development Partner to support Career Pathways and internal process improvement projects.
- Participate in broader projects across the People & Culture team and/or HR organization.
- As any position, other tasks, requests, and projects may be assigned to support business needs.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ general human resources experience preferably related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Strong relationship building skills; ability to build trust within People & Culture team, broader HR team and Optiv.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and confidence communicating to a variety of levels across the organization.
- Familiarity with HRIS systems (preferably Workday) or reporting tools.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- General analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Sound judgment, a keen sense of discretion, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to deliver ahead of deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
What you can expect from Optiv
•A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Employee Resource Groups including ADAPT (Abled and Disabled Allies Partnering Together), Asian Employee Network, Black Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), OVETS (Optiv’s Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters), and OWN (Optiv Women's Network).
• Work/life balance
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.