Sr. Client Manager - W Canada
Sales & Business Development
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
As a Sr. Client Manager (CM) you'll be responsible for selling Optiv security services and security technology solutions to a select few strategic accounts within the Province of Alberta. You'll also be responsible for owning and coordinating all aspects of the sales cycle within your assigned accounts, and leading a cross-functional team to build and execute a multi-year strategic account management plan for your top accounts. Members of this cross-functional team will typically include a pre-sales architect, administrative support and services practices personnel as appropriate for your accounts.
Development of a multi-year strategic account management plan for your top accounts is a core responsibility for the Sr. Client Manager. You'll identify and understand your client's core security concerns and how they correlate to Optiv solutions that mitigate these cybersecurity risks. Based upon this understanding of the client, you'll bring together appropriate Optiv technical, services and leadership personnel to collaborate with your top account client leadership to refine and/or build a security strategy, and subsequently develop and propose solutions to address client security needs. In many cases this will take the form of security technology and services solutions, and as appropriate for the client, large and complex solutions comprised of security management consulting, hardware and software security technologies, advisory, implementation and support services, and managed security services. An overarching goal is to establish a trusted relationship with the client that results in Optiv being their primary security solution partner and provider.
You'll also engage clients with a heightened focus on ever-enhancing client satisfaction. This will include meeting with your top clients early in the year to understand and document their business, technology and security goals, as well as client expectations of Optiv in support of attaining those goals. You'll review these goals, expectations and progress with your top clients quarterly, engaging Optiv leadership and resources as necessary to ensure you and Optiv are on track to achieve or exceed these client-defined goals.
How you'll make an impact
- Build trusted, effective and productive relationships with existing and potential clients within assigned accounts.
- Lead creation of multi-year strategic account management plans, for top accounts, based upon identified client business, technology and security goals, coupled with Optiv's understanding of security trends, threats and points of view for each assigned account.
- Build a large sales pipeline, within assigned accounts and achieve/exceed assigned gross margin target.
- Manage current and multi-quarter forecasts with a high-degree of accuracy, currency and integrity.
- Execute with discipline and in alignment with Force Management principles including MEDDICC and Command of the Message, among others.
- Effectively communicate Optiv’s value proposition as it relates to security services and technologies expertise and capabilities.
- Build strong, collaborative and productive relationships with technology partners and their respective sales personnel to both gain and share leads in support of building qualified pipeline and maximizing mutually beneficial sales opportunities.
- Initiate and / or monitor and mediate all necessary communications between clients, technology partners and members of the extended Optiv team (technical, sales, client operations, etc.) within each assigned account.
- Maintain collaborative and effective internal communications with Optiv team members relative to specific opportunities, associated requirements and client satisfaction.
What we're looking for
- Experience in product or services based sales typically gained over 5-7 years in a technology company.
- Proven ability to build and execute territory and account prospecting and expansion plans with a track record of exceeding assigned quotas.
- Experience engaging cross-functional resources such as sales, pre-sales technical support, and other support personnel in an effective fashion.
- Demonstrated ability to build productive business relationships with key executives and sponsors within assigned accounts.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiation experience.
- History of demonstrated achievement exceeding plan and expectations.
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
What you can expect from Optiv
•A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Employee Resource Groups including ADAPT (Abled and Disabled Allies Partnering Together), Asian Employee Network, Black Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), OVETS (Optiv’s Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters), and OWN (Optiv Women's Network).
• Work/life balance
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.