SOW/Proposal Writer | Remote, USA
Marketing & Communications
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2024
This position can be hired remotely anywhere within the continental U.S, preferred to work within the Mountain/Pacific time zone.
The Document Operations Manager is responsible for creating, editing, and maintaining electronic Statements of Work (SOWs). This role drives the delivery of Professional Services offerings to both internal and external clients by assisting with the development of SOWs, as well as quality assurance for any outgoing services opportunities.
How you'll make an impact
- Applies technical communication theory to ensure readability and usability of SOWs for delivery teams
- Manages a large volume of SOWs and deadlines simultaneously
- Assists with fielding daily Sales requests
- May assist in the design of documentation templates
- Ensures accuracy, quality, and a unified style based on Optiv and industry standards
- Follows Optiv security policies, upholds professional standards, and performs all work in a manner respectful of others. Understands personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets
- Maintains proficiency with the SOW development process
- Adheres to Document Operations procedures for SOW development, documentation tracking, communication, and other duties as required
- Utilizes Salesforce, SharePoint, Outlook, Teams, and Zoom as tools of communication, historical reference, activity tracking, action item creation, and forecasting; utilizes Workday for time-tracking
- Builds an expertise in Optiv’s professional services with commitment to developing and retaining knowledge and experience surrounding the professional services arena
- Serves as a resource for customers, sales teams, and Document Operations’ leadership by operating in knowledgeable, responsive, and organized methods
- Communicates effectively and positively with clients, Sales, Operations, and Service Delivery
- Vets SOWs which come in for signature and routes to appropriate signatory
- Performs other responsibilities as needed
- SOWs and projects are delivered accurately, and on time, and in a volume aligned with the rest of the team
- Work is compliant with internal and external standards
- Successful utilization of SOWs by Operations and Delivery teams
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communication, Journalism, English, or related area; or 4 or more years’ equivalent work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 or more years’ professional writing experience required. Technical writing experience strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of contractual requirements, negotiations, process, and risk preferred (non-3P)
- Experience in IT professional services preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate regularly across teams
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and processes in a professional manner to external and internal clients
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Superior problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail and accuracy
- Sales oriented mentality; able to work with sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to work independently, quickly, and thoroughly to prioritize and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work overtime and irregular hours when needed
- Ability to learn and apply new technical skills and concepts quickly
- Proficient PC computer skills
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Salesforce and SharePoint preferred, or other CRM and document management programs
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate with national clients and meet time sensitive deadline required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documentation, including contracts and process documents
- Ability to write reports, effective business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers across all levels of an organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, and currency conversions.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra
- Superior and demonstrated ability to use critical thinking.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
What you can expect from Optiv
•A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Employee Resource Groups including ADAPT (Abled and Disabled Allies Partnering Together), Asian Employee Network, Black Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), OVETS (Optiv’s Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters), and OWN (Optiv Women's Network).
• Work/life balance
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.