Senior Threat Analyst | On-site, Bangalore
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, February 2, 2021
The Senior Threat Analyst will provide deep-level analysis for client investigations utilizing customer-provided data sources, audit, and monitoring tools at both the government and enterprise level. The Sr Threat Analyst will work closely with our Technology Engineers, Architects, and Threat Analysts to service customers.
How you’ll make an impact
- High level professional writing experience regarding documenting and reporting on potential security incidents identified in customer environments to include timeline of events
- Work with partners to maintain an understanding of security threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits that could impact systems, networks, and assets.
- Provide analysis on various security enforcement technologies including, but not limited to SIEM, anti-virus, content filtering/reporting, malware prevention, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, messaging security platforms, vulnerability scanners etc.
- Perform knowledge transfers, document, and train clients regarding mitigation of identified threats.
- Provide ongoing recommendations to peers and customers on tuning and best practices.
- Actively research current threats and attack vectors being exploited in the wild
- Actively work with analysts and perform investigations on escalations.
- Ability to discuss security posture with multiple clients and make recommendations to better their holistic security approach.
- Provide gap analysis for clients to better their security posture.
- Maintain and develop SOPs for threat analyst team.
- Develop and maintain Playbooks and runbooks.
- Work with internal teams to increase efficiency and effectiveness of security analysis provided by the threat analysis team.
- Training of new analysts on security and tools
- Create and maintain Content Catalog based on security essentials and the evolving threat landscape.
- Provide quality assurance (QA) review of security alerts handled by Team members.
What we’re looking for
- Five or more years of full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Managed Security Service (MSS), or enterprise network environment as a point of escalation.
- Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills including customer interactions and executive presentations.
- Data analysis using SIEM, Database tools, and Excel.
- Experience troubleshooting security devices and SIEM.
- Ability to create and maintain content within SIEM environments and make recommendations to clients to better their visibility.
- IDS monitoring/analysis with tools such as Sourcefire and Snort
- Experience with SIEM platforms preferred (QRadar, LogRhythm, McAfee/Nitro, ArcSight, Splunk) a plus.
- Direct (E.g., SQL Injection) versus indirect (E.g., cross-site scripting) attacks
- Experience with the following attacks: Web Based Attacks and the OWASP Top 10, Network Based DoS, Brute force, HTTP Based DoS, Denial of Service, Network Based / System Based Attacks.
- Familiarity with SANS top 20 critical security controls
- Understand the foundations of enterprise Windows security including Active Directory, Windows security architecture and terminology, Privilege escalation techniques, Common mitigation controls and system hardening.
- Anti-Virus (AV) and Host Based Intrusion Prevention (HIPS)
- Experience in monitoring at least one commercial AV solution such as (but not limited to) McAfee/Intel, Symantec, Sophos, or Trend Micro
- Ability to identify common false positives and make suggestions on tuning.
- Understanding of root causes of malware and proactive mitigation
- Propagation of malware in enterprise environments
- Familiarity with web-based exploit kits and the methods employed by web-based exploit kits.
- Familiarity with concepts associated with Advanced Persistent Threats and “targeted malware.”
- Experience and understanding of malware protection tools (FireEye) and controls in an enterprise environment.
- Covert channels, egress, and data exfiltration techniques
- Familiarity with vulnerability scoring systems such as CVSS.
- Basic understanding of vulnerability assessment tools such as vulnerability scanners and exploitation frameworks
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.