Sr. Consultant - Strategy and Risk | Remote, USA
Charlotte, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
This position will be fully remote and can be hired anywhere in the continental U.S.
Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Consultant must be a proven self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team.
You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. Deliver timely engagements and works closely with Practice Directors to drive training and education, career development, performance development, and collaboration across the team
In line with Optiv’s commitment to quality, you will confirm that work is of the highest quality as per Optiv’s quality standards, by reviewing the work provided by other members.
How you'll make an impact
- Able to solo deliver or act as "point" for complex projects
- Acts as technical escalation point to assist other consultants
- Lead in capacity planning and HW specification recommendation efforts
- Lead in all Technology deployment activities, connector configuration, custom rule development, workflow configuration and development, and third-party system integration
- Lead User Acceptance Testing and bug-related engineering efforts
- Design, implement and educate on specific technology build processes, code migration, and source control use
- Provide knowledge transfer and post production support activities as necessary
- Effective team communicator
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations such as ISSA
- Obtain and maintain top tier vendor certification
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting
- Acts as contributor in Optiv communities for solutions of focus
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 5-7 years of related work experience
- Approximately 4-7 years of technical architecture experience
- Desirable experience within one or more of the following Security Architecture and/or Enterprise Architectural Frameworks (e.g. SABSA, TOGAF, O-ESA)
- Knowledge of general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model), operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell)
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection, such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive, International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws
- Working knowledge of operating systems, virtual machine environments, mainframe security packages, and relational database management systems
- Expert knowledge of using Microsoft Office
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Ability to build consensus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs
- Valid driver's license in the US
- The successful candidate must hold related professional certifications such as the CISSP, CISM, and/or CISA
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
What you can expect from Optiv
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.