Principal Consultant - Sailpoint IdentityNow I Remote, USA
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
This position will be fully remote and can be hired anywhere in the United States.
The Principal Consultant will lead and mentor a team of other consultants on their project or program. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to share their expertise with customers acting as a trusted advisor for topics within the IAM domain. They need to have extensive hands-on experience in deploying large complex SailPoint IDN and IIQ projects. As such, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are a must as well as the ability to work across multiple accounts and projects at the same time.
Our main objective is to help our clients overcome business challenges in Cyber Security. We work to understand business objectives and then design solutions fit for the purpose, deploying these solutions from start to finish rolling out across the business, often globally.
We provide trusted consulting services to major organizations, working with a wide range of different business types, work cultures, and technologies. Each client is different, and operates differently, so projects need to adapt to different ways of working. Projects can last anything from a week to several years, and working locations are often spread across client sites of different locations.
Successful consulting is about delivering quality and reliable services to our clients and being a subject matter expert in our Security domain
How you’ll make an impact
- Be a product and domain expert in Identity & Access Management
- Lead the technical delivery of SailPoint IdN and IIQ implementation projects
- Lead strategic SailPoint assessments and roadmap discussions with Optiv customers
- Create technical IAM architectures for Optiv customers
- Ensure the technical design is appropriate meets customer use cases and requirements
- Create customer delivery documentation such as design and architecture documents and technical strategy presentations
- Assist pre-sales activities such as developing client focused proposals, and running technical POC
- Work closely with project service and or engagement manager to identify key technical requirements, prioritize requirements, catalog requirements, and assign them to project use cases and sprints
- Develop and maintain solution repository with best practices
- Share best practices with team members to contribute and enhance the IAM center of excellence
- Identify, qualify, and assesses new and existing customer opportunities
- Create, engage, and maintain strong customer relationships with technical stakeholders
- Mentor and coach junior members
What we’re looking for
- 10+ year’s experience in consulting and Identity and Access Management
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in designing and deploying SailPoint IdentityIQ
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in designing and deploying SailPoint IdentityNow is mandatory
- Experience in leading at least 5 large IAM implementations
- Large scale Installation and configuration for 70k+ users
- Developing complex lifecycle workflows
- Developing custom connectors
- Onboarding applications with automated provisioning
- Configuring custom reports and dashboards
- Role Mining and implementing RBAC/ABAC
- Experience with the web technologies such as XML, SPML, SOAP/REST, web/application servers
- Excellent development/coding skills relevant to SailPoint (java / BeanShell / oracle / jsf etc.).
- Experience installing complex applications on Windows and UNIX/Linux platforms
- Experience with databases (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, MySQL)
- Bachelor’s Degree and/ or qualification in an IT-related discipline or equivalent technical and business experience
- Strong customer management and technical leadership qualities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven team player with outstanding interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills
- Exceptional analytical and process development skills
- Ability to motivate others to perform above normal expectations
- Ability to work on multiple projects and work streams
- SailPoint Architect Certification, CISSP, CISM
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
What you can expect from Optiv
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.