Sr. Consultant - Application Security, Threat Management | Remote, USA
Leawood, KS, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
This position will be fully remote and can be hired anywhere in the continental U.S.
Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Consultant must be a proven self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team. You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. Deliver timely engagements and works closely with Practice Directors to drive training and education, career development, performance development, and collaboration across the team. In line with Optiv’s commitment to quality, you will confirm that work is of the highest quality as per Optiv’s quality standards, by reviewing the work provided by other members.
How you'll make an impact:
- Penetration testing using both black box testing techniques as well as in-depth reviews of source code.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive application testing methodology. Identify critical vulnerabilities not detectable by static analysis tools and provided reports, severity classifications, and remediation advice.
- Gray box application testing. Our normal app assessment approach is a full-knowledge gray box style where we have access to docs, source, a functioning app, and control of the environment. We do also perform straight code reviews or black box testing and all consultants need to be comfortable with both. Basically, you need be able to take advantage of those resources, when present, and not be hamstrung when they are not available.
- Code review and static analysis. You should know how to approach a large code review and be experienced with current static analysis tools. You should be able to look at a codebase and prioritize code for top-down as well as create signatures for components that aren’t covered with the base toolset. Aid in vulnerability remediation efforts by working alongside developers as well as directly contributing to the code base.
- Mobile application testing. Should understand the threat classes for mobile apps and preferably have performed assessments of mobile application on the iOS and Android platforms.
- Threat Modeling and SDL processes, as per the MS guidelines.
- Secure SDLC consulting for Agile / DevOps
Qualifications for success:
- Practical experience in an application security role with manual testing
- Experience Digital Content Security is a plus
- Knowledge of application security concepts and best practices
- Previous job experience in an information security consulting services role
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time to client sites
- Understanding of software security architecture and design
- Ability to work with diverse and dynamic teams
- Successful implementation of application testing methodologies for web applications and APIs
- Able to assist in setting the strategic direction of the practice based on experience and industry background
- College degree or related work experience.
- BA/BS degree preferred in computer science, engineering, math, statistics, or information systems
- Prefer one or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CEH, OSCP, OSCE, GPEN, CPT, CSSLP
- Prior consulting and/or enterprise experience is a required
We don't expect people to be experts in every area but you will have to demonstrate expertise in a few so that we can fit you with the appropriate projects.
Things we like to see:
CVE's, links to your con presentation (or your con), tools, research papers, generally anything that can demonstrate you know your stuff when it comes to web and mobile applications.
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
What you can expect from Optiv
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.